Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Well said, John Wayne.

Micah has just six months left of school before he will be graduating with both his Bachelor's AND Master's degrees in Information Systems. (I am so proud!)

Which means right now he is in the thick of applications, career fairs and interviews. For a real job. In the real world. It's all very exciting.

Last week, he was invited to fly to San Antonio for a second interview with USAA, a company we have both been very impressed with. He had a wonderful experience and we are waiting anxiously to hear back about the possibility of an offer.

Micah has had several other interviews, but this one was my favorite.

...because we prepared for it by watching this:

It was a little long (I'm pretty sure I was asleep for 80% of it), but actually proved to be quite quotable:

" There's right and there's wrong. You gotta do one or the other. You do the one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're dead as a beaver hat."

Words to live by.

4 comments:

ANeibaur said...

Well Congrats to Micah! How exciting, and I just LOVE that quote... LOL

Derico Photography said...

Hahahaha! I love it! And congrats to Micah!

The Lorenc Family said...

I love quotables! I think we'll rent it, and I'll tell you how it ends... maybe. haha!

Anonymous said...

Gooooooo, Micah!

Heh, that's amusing that your favorite interview was because of the homework you got to do.

Prayers that Micah finds a job to wake up enthused about every day that will allow your family to grow in safety and happiness.

And nice quote. May we all learn to live and live right!