Saturday, November 21, 2009

Remember in elementary school, playing games with your friends, if you messed up you could just say, "redo!" and start over?

I could have used a redo today. Several times.

You know those days when you just seem to do one really dumb thing after another? It's like you open your mouth and before you are even done talking, you know it was the wrong thing to say. And there's really no reason for you to be saying things like that. It's not like you benefit at all from it; all you get is that nice sharp pang of remorse knowing you just hurt the feelings of the people you love most. Then of course you try to smooth it over but really just start defending yourself, and inevitably end up making it worse.

Redo, please.

Thank heaven I married a patient man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

* wince * Yep, yep, I share your pain.

Too often recently my brain seems to have taken an unapproved leave-of-absence. Thursday night especially I said something seriously dumb, realized I was unintentionally hurting someone I was talking too, and my mouth still kept moving. Finally said, "Nope, wait, I take back the last five things I said" then lapsed into red-hot embarrassed silence for a few minutes.

Glad that you were with loving family at the time.

Rachel Leigh said...

I totally feel you! I do it all the time unfortunately. Good thing you have a great husband!

Heather said...

oh bless your heart! Is she feeling better? Gosh I can't even imagine! Thank you so much for having us over last night! It was SO fun getting to know you and Micah better! We need to play again soon! Let me know about pictures! I'm excited!

ps- your blog is soo cute!