I even drove two cities north (where the stores have oh so much more selection than in our little college town) and it didn't take any longer than our usual local trip because there weren't many people on the roads. The store was practically empty, so I could zip up and down the aisles without worrying about crashing into someone, or battling to get that last box of cereal on sale, or waiting in ridiculous checkout lines. To top it off, the employees were all so cheerful and helpful.
Insert tangent: have you ever noticed how you can ask any supermarket
employee where anything is located and they always know exactly where it is?
They don't even miss a beat! "Aisle 4." "Aisle 10." "Aisle 17."
It's like they all have to take a test. It entertains me to no end.
employee where anything is located and they always know exactly where it is?
They don't even miss a beat! "Aisle 4." "Aisle 10." "Aisle 17."
It's like they all have to take a test. It entertains me to no end.
I was in and out-with a week's worth of groceries- in 40 minutes flat. (Those with children understand what an accomplishment that is!)
It was Heaven.
I was so elated on the way home, I listened to the one radio station already playing non-stop Christmas music (I am usually a devout Wait-til-Thanksgiving's-over kind of girl). I made it back home before Micah even left for work, and gushed to him about how wonderful it was to have been so efficient and have the shopping done so early.
Then.
I unloaded.
And realized I had left bags at the store.
So I bundled up the kid got back in the car drove all the way back to the store (two cities away, this time in morning rush hour traffic) waited for twenty minutes in line at the customer service desk went back to the deli to get fresh meat because the bag I'd left there was no longer fresh waited in line again to switch the fresh meat with the left meat loaded up the car and drove home in more traffic.
And the whole ordeal encroached on naptime (not good).
Argh.
6 comments:
dang.it. where do you go shopping?
That's why I don't shop at 7:30 in the morning. My brain is not functioning properly.
Thing is, you aren't likely to leave bags again next time! Chalk it up to experience. :)
What a bummer! It always seems like when things are going just perfectly, that's exactly the minute everything crashes down.
I will say though that you have such a cute little blog! I hope you don't mind that I added you to my list of blogs to follow! : )
Jami
AGH! I'm sorry. I have had similar experiences (pre-kids, though) where I left my checkbook or entire wallet at home and had to leave the groceries there and come back. I know what a hassle that is with kids, too.
I give you and A for effort.
Ohhhhh, ouch! That one goes into the "life's not fair" category.
You were Supermom! Then recovering for one little detail took ten times the effort.
If it's any comfort, at least once a month I have the cashiers loading bags I forgot into the shopping cart or chasing after me because I'd paid and then blissfully walked away.
The best stores in my book are those where the cashier double-checks their area for any customer bags before wishing them a good day.
Post a Comment