Which makes me kind of sad.
Sad to think that, even on Sunday- the Lord's day- I struggle to keep Him on my mind.
Micah came home and we talked about wanting to be better. Wanting to pray more sincerely, read our scriptures more, and do all the little (but oh so important!) things we struggle to do consistently. Because not doing those things has made us forget. Forget to recognize the way our Father in Heaven blesses us so richly and provides for us on a daily basis. Forget to thank Him and to show our love for Him by serving others. Forget to maintain the most important relationship any of us can ever have- a relationship with our Savior.
Which makes me wonder. How do you forget the One who created you and preserves you from day to day, lending you breath?* Life is busy, I keep telling myself. But that's no excuse.
So here's to remembering.
"I recorded for my children to read, someday in the future, how I had seen the hand of God blessing our family... I wrote down a few lines every day for years... As I kept at it, something began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day. More than gratitude began to grow in my heart. Testimony grew. I became ever more certain that our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. I felt more gratitude for the softening and refining that come because of the Atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ."
-Henry B. Eyring, "Remember What the Lord Has Done"
-Henry B. Eyring, "Remember What the Lord Has Done"
*(Mosiah 2:21)
4 comments:
Thanks, Dear One, for the reminder.
I completely understand how you feel. I've been feeling the same way lately (and I haven't even been going to church recently because I would rather sleep). Thank you for the reminder that we shouldn't just think about God on Sundays.
That happened to me, too. We were all home on Sunday, and I tried to listen to a talk, but the kids were wrestling despite my efforts to make it feel like a holy day. No wonder we are suppose to go to our meetings.
* too tight hug * So sorry to hear about you being sick!
May you be blessed in your resolve for better remembrance, and feel an increase in the outpouring of His love for you.
Post a Comment