Madison has been mimicking signs for things like "milk," "eat," and "more" for a while now...
but today she finally connected that she can use those signs to communicate her wants.
She pulled up on my leg, smacked her lips, and signed "eat" when she was ready for lunch. She woke up from her nap and asked for milk. She signed "more" (very enthusiastically) when I started to put her cheerios away during snack time.
11 comments:
WOW! hi katy! your family is so cute, my goodness! i'm actually working on my rates tonight (carazy coincidence, eh??) i will have detailed package prices listed tonight or tomorrow, so be sure to check back :) if the packages aren't going to fit what you're looking for, just email me at madelynethomas@gmail.com and we can customize something for you.
thank you!! and great to hear from ya!
YEAH!!! SO exciting! Go Maddi!! I still remember the first time Kenna connected it, and oh how wonderful it is until they start talking! I can't wait to see her do it, I am sure she is darling!
Signing is THE BEST. It is so nice to know what they want. Maddi may be a little young still, but the Signing Time videos are amazing! I swear Chase could have full-fledged conversations with a deaf person. You can rent them from the library for a buck if you're interested.
Katy! thank you so much for your sweet comment! that was so nice of you and it was so great to hear from you! your little girl is the cutest thing ever! also, i think i saw you at my church a few weeks ago in the library! i am the librarian and i think you might have been making copies or cutting paper:) anyway, i wasn't for sure so i didn't say anything, but i think next time if i really think that it is you, i will say hi!
Awww, so sweet. I'll admit I'm jealous. Darcy would never respond with any interest to signing or learning how to sign. Yay that it's working!
Sorry! I didn't mean to delete it... Madison sure is cute! I don't mind if you make one for you, but I would love if you didn't sell them. I am going to be making a lot more and selling them at a boutique and then also in my etsy shop. You can buy some if you want though! Thanks!
ADOREABLE picture. I love reading your blog!
Makes me a little jealous we weren't ambitious about signing with Lou... next time.
Can I just say that Madison is such a cutie! She's getting so big! I loved it when the light flicked on for Ky and signing too, it's so fun!
That is amazing when the realization that what they do has power to influence the world around them. What an amazing day. And what a precious picture, the perfect thoughtful expression!
Post a Comment