Sunday, December 6, 2009

"One sees clearly only with the heart."

"...Let us see the Christ in Christmas.

This is a season of rejoicing. A season of celebration. A wonderful time when we acknowledge that our Almighty God sent His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to redeem the world. To redeem us.

...But most of all, let it be the season of seeking
the Lamb of God, the King of Glory, the Everlasting Light of the World, the great Hope of Mankind, the Savior and Redeemer of our souls.

I promise that if we unclutter our lives a little bit, and in sincerity and humility

seek the pure and gentle Christ with our hearts, we will see Him.

We will find Him."

President Dieter F. Uctdorf
2009 LDS First Presidency Christmas Devotional

4 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE this! Thank you for sharing!! ( wasn't the devotional so good last night?)

Rachel (Borup) Johnston said...

Kate I need more! Don't you know I look forward to reading your posts every day? I absolutely love them! You are so talented.

Anonymous said...

Amen.


And thank you for the devotional link. It will be the best way to spend the evening.

The Lorenc Family said...

I love this quote! I am so glad you blogged it, for all the world! And also so I could catch it since I missed the broadcast.