Monday, December 14, 2009

maybe I'm crazy.

I miss finals week.

Not taking tests, per say. But the thrill of finally being done with classes and the anticipation of the Holiday waiting just around the corner. Spreading out on the floor in my sweats with books all around, a cup of hot chocolate and some Norah Jones. All the study guides and the silly little mnemonic devices. And the flash cards. Oh, the flash cards. Is it strange that I miss making flash cards? I used to color code them. A different color sharpie for each subject (a Type A-er's dream come true). But nothing could top that feeling of walking out of your last exam (regardless of how well you performed on it) and knowing you were finally free. At least until next semester...

Tis the season, my friends. Enjoy your finals while they last.
If you're as crazy as me, someday you will miss them.

6 comments:

Derico Photography said...

LOL! If you miss making flash cards all that much, sit down and make some with pictures of animals or every day objects and their name and use them to play with Madison.

Amanda said...

You can come make flash cards for me!!!

Jasmine said...

I totally know what you mean! I've been missing school ever since I graduated for a lot of those same reasons, so I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

ANeibaur said...

Shawn would be laughing his butt off at this if he were to read it. LOL He HATES finals week... I don't think I will ever catch him missing it when he finally finishes school. LOL
Your so cute Katie :D

JamiLeigh said...

Haha. I'll miss going to lecture, but taking tests...not so much. But that's just me. : ) Thanks for the goodwill though - If I could, I would let you take my tests for me!

Anonymous said...

You make me wish I had had you for a study partner. Those flash cards sound brilliant!

Well, how about having an anniversary celebration during finals? And why not! We celebrate birthdays and weddings long after the events, I think remembering a great success like surviving finals should get a few years celebrations too.