Friday, January 8, 2010

God be with you.

A friend of a friend's eight week old baby passed away this week.

I don't know this family. I don't know everything that happened. I can't even begin to know what they have gone through or what they must be experiencing now.

But I do know what it's like for someone to hand you a tiny little stranger and feel like they've just handed you the whole world. I know what it's like to see that baby in a big glass box, with wires in her head, chest, ankles and nose. I know what it's like to pray harder than you ever thought possible, for someone you really only just met.

I know my world would not be complete without her.

But I know that Jesus Christ has made it possible for this family to be with their baby again someday. I pray they will feel that peace.

And today, I feel overwhelmingly grateful for my beautiful little one.

5 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

This is so touching. My heart and prayers go out to that family.

ANeibaur said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I have heard of so many families loosing their little ones recently and it's just so sad. I can't imagine what that is like. It's such an amazing feeling to fall in love so instantly with someone. This just proves that you should never take that for granted. Thanks for sharing this Katy. Now to go smother Aryn in mommy kisses :)

Sara said...

What is with 2010? A friend of mine died in a motorcycle accident last week leaving behind his wife and 3 young kids, then Mark's old scout leader/ good friend passed away of brain cancer a few days ago. I guess through it all it really does make you appreciate your blessings. It makes me more thankful for my bad, horrible, days because at least we are here.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the greater tragedies of mortality. May any who have had heartache of a child pass before them know peace from on high.

The Lorenc Family said...

So sad. I am grateful for your little one, too. And that she's okay. And that you know the gospel is true. I hope they can know it, too.