Saturday, January 16, 2010

all i needed was a little motivation. and a spreadsheet.

It's been hard to get back into the swing of blogging.

It's been hard to get back into the swing of anything, actually. We've all been trading off being sick since New Year's, and haven't had more than a few decent nights' sleep in two weeks. Maddi and I have spent a lot of time in our sweats, napping and reading and watching movies and not getting much of anything done.

Yesterday I'd had it.

I was tired of not being productive, but didn't feel like doing anything. Do Yoga, Micah said, that's usually motivating.

So I did.
And then I did this:

Doesn't it just make you happy? Nearly 200 movies, all cataloged by genre and
alphabetized in neat little rows?


A day well spent!

6 comments:

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Katy, I just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment about Cohen teething and sleeping. It was really sooooo reassuring and nice to know and hear from other moms that go through the same things. So thank you. And the tooth has come through and he is doing a little better now :) Still working on the swaddle though.
And we have been the same way lately! Just kind of been lazy, and Cohen is sick right now too. It's hard to start blogging again once you get out of the swing of things. Good job on organizing your movies though!! I LOVE when things are perfectly organized like that.
Also, we lived in Texas the summer of 08. We lived about 45 minutes from Dallas. We took a trip to San Antonio thougha and there are sooooo many neat things down there!! The temple, sea world, the spanish missions (which are incredible). You probably already know this, but I'm excited for you! Congrats!!

Jasmine said...

We did that with our movies after Christmas because we got a bunch more. I have yet to create a spreadsheet for them, but at least they're organized. (They don't stay that way for long with a toddler running around, but at the end of the day, they have a place to return home to.)

Anonymous said...

As someone who's "normal" seems to now be "sick", you have my complete sympathy.

And a big "Whoohoo!" congratulations for getting the movies catalogued! And they look great on the shelves. That is a wonderful feeling having everything tidied in order, isn't it?

Sarah said...

I am an organizing and excel sheet and to do list nerd. It is almost embarrasing. I am glad you have found the beauty of it as well! :)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

We used to have organized movies. It lasted until I got too tired and fed up with putting them back in order after every time Darcy took them off the shelf. Now I just throw them back on the shelf. They are organized as such:

Darcy's Movies

Mommy & Daddy's Movies

And that works for now. Hah. I'd like to make a list of them, though, that's smart. Then I'd know if one's missing if I lent it out and didn't write it down. You guys have one, right? :D

The Lorenc Family said...

AUUUGH! The drug: organization. I haven't done any either, but I have surely felt a twinge of that satisfying feeling just by seeing what you have done. Thanks for sharing! (I haven't gotten back into the swing of life since Christmas. I have been burying my nose in books for weeks. What else is there to do when it's so cold? :) )