Monday, October 19, 2009

birthday week.



At our house, we don't just celebrate birth days.
We celebrate all week long.

Not that we do extra special, out-of-the-ordinary things for a whole week;
we just make all the ordinary things a little more special:















Of course, we did celebrate a little more on Micah's REAL birthday. We got a sitter and went out for birthday dinner, where the restaurant happened to be hosting Karaoke Night.

I talked Micah into a little birthday karaoke, and (no surprise) he blew everybody away with his rendition of One Republic's "Apologize."
I'm kicking myself for forgetting the camera.

Then we topped off the night with some chocolate-chip ice cream brownie cupcakes (seriously, can you pack any more good stuff into one dessert?)



Happy Birthday to my favorite person in the whole world!!!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

So fun! Happy Birthday Micah! Enjoy your no diaper changing!
Where was there kareoke? I should take ariel!

Derico Photography said...

Can I come live with you for my birthday week? That is totally awesome. Sounds like dinner out was a lot of fun!

ANeibaur said...

Wow a whole birthday WEEK! Lucky! Happy birthday Micah! :D

Rachel Leigh said...

Happy Birthday Micah! I didn't even know it was his birthday, we are such bad friends. I am glad you guys had such a fun week celebrating!

Dip It In Chocolate said...

ohh my word. I want to eat those cupcakes NOW. Love the candles!

Rasmussen Family said...

what a cute idea!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

This is what I get for being unplugged...totally forgetting Micah's birthday. Happy belated birthday!!!

Channa said...

Hi Katy. I've been meaning to comment for a little while. You guys are so darling and I think your little girl is just adorable. You are always coming up with the cutest ideas for holidays and birthdays. I'm glad you guys are both doing so well and you seem to be so happy. Happy Birthday to Micah.

Anonymous said...

Your hand writing is so neat. It almost looks like a computer font.

Having the birthday labels everywhere looks like a great way to ensure extra smiles all week long. Dessert look almost deadly delicious. How ever did you get all those different sweets into those little cupcakes?

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Micah!