Tuesday, October 6, 2009

And then it was Autumn

Last Tuesday, we were using the Air Conditioning. Last Wednesday, we turned on the heat. It seems like Fall showed up overnight this year, but I don't mind so much. It's actually made me feel rather festive.

Beginning about mid summer, I start counting down the days to October so I can make my favorite cookies in the world.

I want to hug whoever invented pumpkin spice cookies.

1 16-ounce can pumpkin
1 package spice cake mix
1 tsp cinnamon
1 bag chocolate chips

Stir together all ingredients and drop in one-inch balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 17 minutes.


This year, I had a little helper in the kitchen.


October also brings General Conference: a worldwide meeting of our Church
that happens twice a year, and a chance for all thirteen million-plus members to be taught by our beloved Prophet and leaders. The two-day conference is broadcast on television, but we had the chance to go to Salt Lake City and attend the Sunday afternoon session. What an incredible blessing to sit in the beautiful Conference Center (21 thousand seats filled to capacity, and people still begging for tickets outside the doors) and to hear our leaders bear powerful testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and how we can better follow His example. It was wonderful!

Video Courtesy of KSL.com



4 comments:

Sarah said...

Where did you find a 16 oz can of pumpkin. I could only find the bigger one at Maceys. It turned out okay - my leftovers became baby food :)

emily said...

in your picture it looks like a much bigger can of pumpkin than my 15 oz. can i have...is it 16 oz. or is it the big can like in your picture? I want to make these tomorrow! Lemme know! Thanks girl!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Yay for yummy cookies! Those really are the best. I've got to make them soon!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, know just how you feel. I always get excited when the house gets cozy from the heater and a crisp breeze outside smells of mountain winter.

Nice and simple cookies which come out simply nice. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Double thanks for sharing pictures of your little helper. She looked ready to eat the batter raw. ;->

How wonderful that you got to enjoy the final General Conference session. There's an extra feeling of attentiveness to hear the prophet's voice before it is another six months wait again.