makes me happier than just about anything.
It's so hard to believe she's 18 months old this week. Where did the time go?
Madison has so much personality. She is extremely curious, a little rambunctious, sometimes devious, and usually adorably sweet. She loves to run into my arms and yell, "HUG!" She laughs all day long (she tries to tickle herself and then lets out a big fake laugh). She also sings all day long (gets that from her dad), and knows snippets and phrases from several songs: "up above the..." "bus round round," "I look popcorn," "lead me, guide me," "pa pa pa poka face" (this version by Idina Menzel and Lea Michele, NOT Lady Gaga's. I promise I'm a good parent.)
Currently, Maddi's favorite things to do are dancing, coloring, and looking for bugs.
Madison is one of the chattiest little kids I've ever met. She wakes up in the morning and starts labeling things. Often I will hear, "puppy, blanket, chair, stories, light!" from her room, and when I get her out of her crib she runs around the house labeling everything else she knows. Micah and I were curious how many words she says, so we made a list (in excel, of course). We stopped at 182...
Some of our favorites are: "an moos (animals)," "pockle (popcicle)," "keeno (clean up)," "bess oo (bless you)," "gee koo (thank you)," and "Jeesha (Jesus)."
She is fascinated by animals. She knows the name and/or sound of every animal in every book on her shelf. She can spot a picture of an animal ANYWHERE. The other day we were in the hardware section of Walmart and Maddi yelled, "PUPPY! Roof roof!" Sure enough, there was a tiny picture of a dog on an upside down bag of dog food in a passing cart. I already know the location of every Panda Express in town, because Maddi sees the signs and hollers "Bear!" from the back seat of the car.
Madison brings so much joy into our lives, and I can't fathom my world without her. I'm so lucky to get to spend every day with her. She makes me laugh, makes me happy, makes me want to tear out my hair sometimes, but then makes me feel like the most special person in the world. I love her so much!
*PS: the dress is from Dana's pattern at MADE.
12 comments:
Aww what a sweet post! She is growing up so fast, and wow is she smart! :) Must get it from her parents ;)
She is just too cute!
she is so adorable!
She is taking to Texas like a bluebell!! Thanks for sharing all the adorable photos...I love her blue dress that matches her gorgeous blue eyes. Did you use a knit for her dress??
Carissa: I used the knit from one of my old t-shirts. Yay for recycling!
Maddi is the cutest girl! She's starting to rival my affections for my own nieces, especially since I get to see her almost every day. :) Lucky me.
Oh my, she is just a little DOLL! Isn't it crazy how they grow and change so quickly. And I do looove her dress... can't wait to have a girl one day. Katy everything you do is so cute and I love how crafty you are. Your fathers day post was darling! And I've wanted to make golf cupcakes for Preston before... still haven't yet.... but they turned out adorable!
This is the sweetest post ever!!! I love the pictures and the blue shirt. :D
Super cute! I love that big toothy grin!
Wow, she's quite amazing! How fun to see her open up and her personality blossom! You are such a good mom to foster such a safe and loving atmosphere for her to grow in! I think she will grow up to be a famous writer!
Wow, she's quite amazing! How fun to see her open up and her personality blossom! You are such a good mom to foster such a safe and loving atmosphere for her to grow in! I think she will grow up to be a famous writer!
Love the dress! I bought material to make Laney one I just can't find the time! I might point Dana in the direction of this post, if you don't mind!
Hi Katy,
My sister-in-law Sara showed me your blog. Darling version of the Warhol dress! Very cute bird on the front. And your daughter is just a doll. What amazing eyes (and amazing photography. You have quite the talent). Welcome to Texas. We moved to Austin a year ago and so far we're liking it. Especially since this was supposed a mild summer :)
Nice to "meet" you!
- Dana
Post a Comment