For a whole lot of reasons, but today we love him for being such a good dad. Micah can make Madison laugh harder than anyone else can. He can make her fall asleep when no one else can. He can get her to eat almost anything. He takes every opportunity he can to sneak lessons about shapes, colors, numbers, etc. into playtime. He can throw her around and get her all riled up, then cuddle her close and sing lullabies until she's nearly asleep. If she wakes after he's left for work, she walks the house saying, "mah daddy?" Each time my phone rings, she squeals, "Daddy!" He's the best jungle gym, her favorite story-reader, and the most fun to tickle.
But he's more than all that. He's the one who keeps me sane when she's been a pill all day. He's the one who gets up with her at night when I'm too exhausted. He's the one who keeps her quiet in church. He's the one who isn't afraid to discipline (kindly, but consistently) when I'm too much of a pushover. He's the one who's an example of a patient, devoted, doting parent. And, oh, do I love him for it!
Just what he wanted. Money to go golfing, since he's a real working man now. Plus, some themed cupcakes (because I'm a little addicted to my Williams Sonoma Mechanical Froster). But what dad doesn't love hole-in-one cupcakes? Although I think Madison may have enjoyed them more than he did.
Happy Father's Day, Dear!

9 comments:
Only someone as good as you are could be as good at things as you are. I don't know who is more greatly blessed by your presence on this earth, your daddy or your baby's daddy.
What an awesome Daddy. Go, Micah!
And what an awesome sweetheart to love all he is and does. Hugs and kudos to you too, Katy.
I love the picture of Maddy showing Micah her gift to him. What a cutie!
Big fat Awwwwwww!
I absolutely love how creative you are Katie! What a lucky family to have each other, and what a lucky little girl Madison is to have her daddy! He sounds like a great one!
Happy Dads day to you Micah!
Well all I can say is that you are both pretty dang amazing... that and those cupcakes look really yummy! Happy Father's Day!
Hey girl, cute post:) And did you make that dress from the MADE Andy Warhol dress pattern?? Regardless, it is so cute! :)
What a cute idea for Father's Day. You are so talented and creative. Love the cupcakes. :)
What a lucky dad! You totally went all out. I love seeing these posts, Katy, and how happy all of you are! :D
So cute! Maddi, Micah, and you aren't in any picture, but your a cute writer!
Post a Comment