Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sea World

Living in San Antonio has its perks. Like the fact that Sea World is just twenty minutes away and getting a yearly pass costs just a bit more than going for a day. So guess where we'll be most of the summer? Yesterday we went with our good friends Ben and Vanessa, and met up with a few other couples there as well. Best. Park. Ever. I'm pretty much hooked.

Maddi and her little buddy Boston loved watching the dolphins.

"Hi dolphins!"

We watched a waterskiing show on the lake that was unbelievable (think flips off ramps, switching between boats, "skiing" barefoot, cabaret lifts...) How's that for a job? Lucky ducks.

Madison was very impressed. This is her applauding wildly and saying "yay!" although it sounds more like "lay!" which is why her tongue is sticking out...

This production featured the sea lions. Yes, that's a sea lion behind the desk. He's the gumshoe and she's the heartthrob in distress (cue Roger Rabbit theme music). A must-see!

The dads manning the strollers. Except for Ben, whose pretending to push a stroller because their baby's due in August. You can be part of the club soon, Ben!

But my favorite part of the whole day was definitely this little number:

There's so much more... more than we could squeeze in before naptime. Good thing we can go back any time we want!

10 comments:

Jasmine said...

Sea World is awesome! I'm sad that they stopped doing the water-skiing show at the San Diego park because it looks like it was awesome!!

The sea lion show is always a favorite of mine.

I LOVE Maddi's dance! She's a good little groover!

Sarah said...

I must say, I am a little depressed after seeing this. I wish we were there with you guys. Maybe next year Lydia and I will venture down.
Sea World looks awesome!

Heather said...

awww I've been to that sea world quite a few times. We used to drive down there for vacation and we loved it! Nick and I want to go to Sea World in San Diego in August! Maddi is getting SO big! Glad you had fun! We miss you guys!

The Thomas Family said...

Maddie better not be cheating on Skyler ;D We miss yall! Sea World looks so fun! Maybe we will have to make a family trip out there and then we would get to see yall!!

Darkthane said...

Ok I must say I approve of the music choice by that park. Mannheim Steamroller is the best.

Derico Photography said...

We love SeaWorld! The girls have only been there a couple of times, but even the little aquarium here never gets old to them.

ANeibaur said...

FUN! Awesome that you got a season pass. :) We are hoping to take Aryn to the Cali sea world next year! Looks like it would be well worth it :)
Madison looks so cute dancing!

Erin said...

What a cute little dance! She's adorable!

Karen said...

I love the manly stroller picture. Hopefully we'll be back next summer to enjoy Sea World with you guys!

The Lorenc Family said...

That is so cute!! GO Maddi! I can't believe how big she is! You guys look so great!