The kid is still sleeping (which never happens- growth spurt maybe?), and I don't know what to do with myself. So here I am blogging. But all I can think about are the things I miss.
I miss mountains. I miss how they turn bight orangey-pink just as the sun starts to go down, and how they smell, and how they ORIENT you (how in the heavens do Texans find East?!?). I miss Aspen Grove. And Alpine Loop. And the Y (the hill. and the school.) I miss the Creamery. And the Student Leadership Office. And Campus Craft and Floral. I miss the Orem Public Library. I miss crazy little Darcy. I miss Movies 8. And Smith's. I miss living 10 minutes from my brother. I miss KSL Studio 5 (really). I miss going to Conference. And Stansbury Park. I miss the SweetTooth Fairy. A lot. I miss Vocal Point. I miss being able to go on walks (too hot here). I miss my friends. I miss my mom like crazy.
It's ok to miss things. But it's good to move on. And I really do love it here. And we already have wonderful friends here. So all is well.
Just know you are missed.
11 comments:
You do realize you can hop on Skype and say hello, right? I'm in pajamas, you can be in your pajamas. It's all cool. :)
I miss you a lot. You have no idea. And my friend Amy just left this morning to move back to North Carolina. I'm in tears missing people. :(
You are missed too!
I know I am going to miss the orientation from the mountains. I am going to get so lost. :)
thank you for that! I know and understand those feelings. :)
that's twice today you've made me cry. I miss you!
You have always been my joy, but your absence, I must confess, has been a quiet ache in my heart too.
I totally understand how you feel! I'm with you on missing the mountains. When we first moved out to L.A., I had no idea which direction I was headed. It would be so much easier if I could just see the beach from my porch. :)
Moving is hard, but you're right that moving on is important. And it's not like you're moving on to forget, you're just creating new memories. :)
I just found your blog thru Vanessa's, anyways, just wanted to say that when you first leave it can be difficult to not look back and compare, and long for what you've left, but with time you realize that life is what you make of it wherever you are! We definitely need to get our families together...any SeaWorld plans coming up? We haven't been back since our first go at it!
I miss you too!! Come back....
also, when I first moved to Utah, I didn't get the whole " turn EAST and then turn WEST and then go NORTH... bla bla..." It absolutely blew my mind that Utahns gave directions like that. In Texas, it's " turn left at the gas station... when you come to the big oak tree, turn right. You'll see a bright pink billboard, turn left just after that..." haha. That's Texans for ya ;)
We miss a. grove so much! We are planning on going for our 5 year anniversary next month-you guys should come too! Party!
You know what I love about you? You're so open and honest, and if you're sad, you say so without having a pity party about it. :) This gave me some perspective on missing home, and that it's okay to love where you are and miss where you've been. I sure am grateful that you're just down the path from me though. It makes not being close to home a whole lot easier. :)
I saw your cute note on facebook and I totally forgot to write back. You are so sweet! We definitely miss you guys too. We talk about you guys nearly every week. You guys always seem to come up and we wish you guys were still here. So if its any consolation, we miss you too!
Post a Comment