Thursday, August 20, 2009

Two Weeks is Too Long

For the past three years, Micah has had the wonderful opportunity to sing with BYU's nine-man acapella group, Vocal Point.

And every August for the past three years, Vocal Point has spent two weeks in Nauvoo, Illinois,

TOURING, site-seeing, SINGING & dancing, eating ice cream, eating custard, eating FUDGE, performing for radio shows & TRACTOR COMPETITIONS, signing autographs...

Tons of fun for them, kinda lonely for the wife left at home.

Lucky for me, mom and dad are just an hour away, and are always willing to take me in. This year Madison and I spent most of the two weeks at their house. And as much as I missed Micah (really REALLY missed him), living with my parents is a pretty good deal.

For starters, the food is incredible:

Eggplant Parmesan, made from scratch, using tomatoes, basil and eggplant from the garden.

Fresh garden salad...from the garden.

Tomatoes, beans, and yes- even homemade french fries using potatoes from the garden.


If eating five-star every night wasn't enough, my parents' house is conveniently located by a charming little lake.

One afternoon we went to a local farmer's market and craft fair at the community clubhouse, and my mom gave me a five dollar bill to spend (just like the good ol' days!). I bought some headbands for Maddi, and my little sister Lindsay spent hers on the biggest butterfinger caramel apple I've ever seen.


Madison loved playing with Grandma and Grandpa, but most especially with Grandma and Grandpa's dog, Jojo.



I loved spending time with my family,
but I am so excited to have Micah back home with us!



4 comments:

Sarah said...

Two weeks is way too long. Why do we keep letting them go on these trips without us!? :)

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you have your hubby home with you again!!

Also, great idea to print off the blog as a book, I need to be better at journaling....

Lastly... I knew Micah sang. but VOCAL POINT, they are like famous around here! lol, that's pretty neat!

Vanessa said...

Two weeks was miserable, but I was lucky enough to do the same as you: stay with my parents while Ben was gone. Glad to have them all home again. :)

Anonymous said...

Time apart is always too long. Glad his last tour was a success, that you got some family pampering time (plus Maddison enjoying a buddy in JoJo), and best of all that Micah got home! Family reunions, especially your own immediate family, are a blessing each and every time.