Sunday, August 23, 2009

the best three years

A few weeks ago, Micah and I celebrated our anniversary.
three wonderful years

We dropped the baby off at Grandma's, checked into a hotel, and spent the weekend playing in Salt Lake City. The itinerary included:

Sealings in the Salt Lake Temple, where we were married
Dinner at the Gateway outdoor mall
Jazz Concert on the Plaza at the Gateway
Ice Cream at the Gateway
Trying to smuggle said ice cream into the movie theater at the Gateway
Harry Potter (I was VERY excited about this)
Back to the hotel for fondue, sparkling cider, and presents

Walking from our hotel to dinner, we passed this incredible old house, built in the 1800s. I decided it was my dream home (I just LOVE old houses), and spent the rest of the evening trying to convince Micah to buy it for me someday.
Maybe for another anniversary.


The best part of the whole weekend was when Micah surprised me with this:


Quite the upgrade from this little guy!
We've been talking about getting an SLR camera for several months, because I want so badly to have good photos of Madison's first year. We have been putting away money here and there whenever we could save a little, but Micah earned some extra doing work for his dad and ordered this Canon Rebel Xti without me knowing.
I cried when I opened it.
He is so sneaky. And the most thoughtful guy I know. I'm so lucky to be married to him!

Happy Anniversary, Love!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun weekend! Congrats on three years. What an awesome camera - love the pictures from it!

Jasmine said...

Happy Anniversary, guys!

(and I think I already mentioned that I'm totally jealous of your camera....I want to cry, too.) :)

You've taken some awesome shots so far! Keep 'em coming!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

YAY! I'm so glad it all worked out. Your pictures are looking lovely so far!

Rachel Leigh said...

So cute! Glad you guys had such a great weekend! Micah is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Busy, busy anniversary. Sounds like you thrived on every minute of it! It is so wonderful that you can play together.

Megan Barrick said...

I know this post is way old, but I laughed when. I saw the house you were talking about. That is were Brandon and I had our reception and supposedly it's one of the most haunted places in Salt Lake. We didn't learn that until afterward.