Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Gettin' my craft on

Staying home with Maddi and having some more time on my hands has inspired me to get a little crafty. A few weeks ago I borrowed my mom's sewing machine and googled some patterns. (I figured 7th grade Home Ec. and six years of Girls' Camp pajama pants were enough experience to get me started... )


(fyi: the theory behind the "tagged blanket" is to entertain little ones who have reached the
this-tag-is-more-fun-than-the-toy-it's-attached-to stage.)



Definitely a hit with the kid!

Taggie blanket and elephant patterns and tutorials from homemadebyjill.blogspot.com.

7 comments:

The Michiganders said...

Madi is adorable. Such a cutie pie! You shoul dmake those and sell them on Etsy. I would love to give for baby showers!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Calista has done some like this. SOOO cute! And you are so talented, I'm jealous!

ANeibaur said...

That is so cute! I think you may have actually made aryn jealous of that cute little elephant! LOL

Derico Photography said...

Super cute!

Sara said...

I love it! And Madi couldn't be cutter. You really need to start selling all your cute baby stuff!
On another note- we need to hang out soon! What are you guys up to Friday or Saturday night?

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Katy it has been so long since I have been in touch with you! I've been meaning to leave you a message for a while, but things have just been a little crazy lately! You and your family are just darling. And so is your blog. I love your style. I'm glad you found me!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Congratulations on successful creating Maddison a new toy. Does it work for tug-a-war too?