Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bentley-Charlie-Norbert-Rupert-Buddy-Gustav-Beauregard-Woofgang-Phydeaux-Champ

We're having trouble deciding on a name. For now, he's just Dog.

How Holly Golightly of us.

We've discovered that the Dog likes to chew on things.
On EVERYTHING
.

Shoes,
watches, rugs, baskets, the laundry, the couches, the baseboards, cupboards, the doorstops...

He even tried to get his teeth into the linoleum floor in the bathroom.

We told you so, everyone is saying.

But he's just so darn cute.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

they grow out of chewing. from what i understand-tire them out. a lot. and give them something else to chew on.

TWINS! hehe. it's totally like it. but if anyone can do it-you can! right?
katy, you are so dang cute.

Sara said...

Oh my goodness! We're gone for less than a week and you get a puppy!! He is pretty darn cute! I'll go with the others though and say your crazy!! But if anyone can handle it, it's you two. And like you said, how can you resist that face?? Congrats on the new addition!

Sarah said...

Charlie - that's my vote

Daniel Lattin said...

Daniel would be a great name for anyone, but especially a dog. Or your next little girl. We are so jealous of the dog and upset that we don't live next door to you!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Well, I like Bentley.

Anyway, yeah, like twins as your mom said. So, uh, good luck! I think your crazy, but if you love dogs you love dogs! She's certainly a sweet one. :)

Holly said...

Ilove the Harry Potter names but that is your call...just make sure like a baby name you don't mind saying it in any vocal tone, you will use all of them.

Hang in there the chewing will atleast ebb a bit.

Molly Neal said...

BENTLEY! That is a great name, my vote goes there!

Derico Photography said...

LOL! I like Bentley too. I'll just post here instead of on both doggie stories. The chewing is typical... especially for a lab. I had a lab puppy once... NEVER again. They are so adorable and cute and fun, but if they get bored, watch out! If you keep some chew toys out and make sure he knows what is okay to chew on and what is not, and make sure you take time to play with him and wear him out, the chewing won't be as bad. You should still expect a little while he's a puppy though.

I still highly recommend taking him to some obedience classes. You will be amazed what a difference it will make.

Steve said...

I notice you didn't list my first suggestion, Phydeaux.

I'm crushed.

Katy said...

Sorry Dad! I was just listing them off the top of my head. The omission has been remedied. :)

Anonymous said...

"Hey, you!" is always an option, but will be rather confusion for the dog when you forget a person's name.

You're going to get better advice from dog owners than me, but how I remember getting our family dog not to eat my toys was to give him one he could chew.

Down side of a lab/mix is that they have really strong teeth that eat through things, even the toughest dog chew toys made for that purpose, quickly. Most long-lasting one I heard of was a small piece of a fire hose.