But I really, really love this purse.
It's part of my Mother's Day present, which Micah gave me early this year. We had just put Maddi to bed and were starting a movie when he handed me a big ol' wad of cash he's been saving since Christmas. He wanted me to be able to treat myself, he said, since I haven't done much for me since the baby was born.
We've had to be so careful with our money lately that I didn't even know where to start. I spent two whole days browsing the internet, window shopping and making lists before we hit the stores. It's so hard for me to justify spending money on things we don't need, (like diapers!), but Micah made sure I knew this money was separate from our budget and that I could splurge a little. Talk about kid in a candy store. Here's the loot:
Who wouldn't love a Mother's Day gift like that? My wonderful husband knows me so well- he knows I could never justify buying these kinds of things for myself, but that -like most girls- I can't help but want new clothes every once in a while. Thanks, Love!
9 comments:
I spy some super cute clothes! Way to go Micah!
I'm not big on purses, but that is a cute one!
Good job Micah. For me, thinking and planning are the most important aspects of anything given or done for me.
Micah ROCKS! And great choices. :)
Wow, that's great! I wish I could go splurge on new clothes. I feel so bored with my wardrobe sometimes. Glad you got to splurge!
That is so sweet! I love all the stuff you got. Can't wait to see the purse up close. Good job Micah!
Cute stuff! What a sweet husband
Congrats what a happy mothers day. :D That look likes so much fuN!
haha, i got exactly the same thing for mother's day- and tim had the same justification. I think it is mostly to do with having a baby. Suddenly the extra money I used to buy clothes with- is now spent on clothes or toys for Chase. It's just so much more fun to buy baby stuff. And then i look in the mirror after a few months and go: ohh wow, how long have i looked like this??? :)
A stress-free shopping trip, without feeling guilty for spending money, is always the best!!
That's awesome! Yep, it's hard when being so frugal to spend money on non-essentials.
Good for you to plan it all out and get the most out of Micah's gift! Not only did you get lots of great finds, you treasure his kindness all the more for the equal effort you put in.
Post a Comment