Friday, May 1, 2009

my favorite time of day

Every morning, right around 7:00, my beautiful baby wakes up babbling and cooing to herself. And every single morning, when I go in to get her, she gives me the biggest, brightest, most joyful smile I have ever seen. She smiles with her whole body, too- mouth wide, eyes all squinty, legs kicking, arms flailing. It's one of the happiest minutes of my day.

But then there's bathtime. The bath itself is a riot (Madison's discovered the fun of splashing)- but it's that moment just after, when she's all wrapped up in a little hoodie towel and all I can see is her tiny face and I cuddle her close to get her warm and press her itty bitty cold nose against my cheek. That moment, right before pajamas and bedtime stories, is possibly even better.


6 comments:

ANeibaur said...

Awww that's precious. What a special moment. :D

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Gotta love bath time! Darcy splashed an inch (no joke) all over the floor when I left for 2 minutes. Lovely. A swimming pool. LOL!

Maddi Is just a doll. You are so lucky to have her!

Sarah said...

Isn't it the best?!? I also love those moments. What is it that is so cute about the little wet face wrapped in a cute little towel? Maddi is getting cuter every moment

Molly Neal said...

Oh miss how small they are at that age! Katie was always so happy at bath time, it made for the cutest pictures! Maddi is so sweet! Can't wait to meet this little girl in person!

The Lorenc Family said...

Awww. I love those times. Motherhood is sweet.

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to choose between a best moment and best moment, isn't it?

How wonderful to have those joys every day.