They had been out shopping and ran across a man on a corner trying to sell puppies. There were two left, and he was going to take them to the pound if he couldn't get rid of them by the end of the day.
He was willing to give them away.
Our friends, dog-lovers who already have a boxer and a lab, promised they could find one of them a home.
So they brought him to us.
We had about a minute to decide whether or not to keep him.
We had about a minute to decide whether or not to keep him.
We made the fastest pro-con list of all time... and said yes. I mean really, who could say no to this face?
He's a nine-week old black lab-border collie mix (not a bad combination), and is somewhat house trained (thank goodness). He seems pretty bashful, somewhat playful, and warmed up to us pretty quickly. Like, follows me around the house and curls up under my feet and licks my ankles while I do the dishes kind of warming up.
Everyone tells me I'm crazy to take on training a puppy while I have a new baby.
It's like having twins, my mom says.
Probably true. But we're gonna try it.
5 comments:
But it will be so good for Madison to be raised with an animal. I always feel sorry for kids who are terrified of dogs because they were never around them as kids. Plus, raising a puppy around a baby will be good for the puppy, too.
Such a cute puppy! I want one!
It is a lot of work taking care of a baby and a puppy, but Madison will thank you for it! We got our puppy right after Aryn turned one, and yeah I about wanted to strangle him a thousand times, but we got through it and he and Aryn are now best of friends. Your little puppy is adorable! Congratulations on your new addition!
Cute! Can we come play with him?
Awe...I want one! He is adorable and you will love having both of them most of the times. He sounds like he will be a real cuddler when you need it (and sometimes when you don't).
Haven't been in the boat you are before, but I agree, the dog is CUUUUUTE! I love the little white patches! You can practically see the tail about to wag. Awww!
Post a Comment