"...I owe to my angel mother." -Abraham Lincoln
My mom is the epitome of selfless sacrifice. She consistently puts aside her wants, her desires, and her life to meet the needs of her family. She gives us so much of her time and energy, often without the appreciation she deserves.

She would drive two hours round trip in the middle of the night just to hold your baby so you can sleep.

She would spend hours upon countless hours making food, decorations, beautiful gifts, clothing, etc. for special events.


She would do your laundry, cook your meals, taxi you around town, and let you stay for weeks even though you don't live at home any more.

She would give you patient, loving advice as you stumble around trying to figure out adult life.

She would somehow remember everything that is important to you at any given time and sincerely want to hear all about it.

She would sacrifice herself and her whole life for your safety, happiness and wellbeing.
In fact, she's done all of these things (and so many more!) for as long as I can remember. She is the most wonderful mother and friend anyone could ask for.

She would drive two hours round trip in the middle of the night just to hold your baby so you can sleep.
She would spend hours upon countless hours making food, decorations, beautiful gifts, clothing, etc. for special events.


She would do your laundry, cook your meals, taxi you around town, and let you stay for weeks even though you don't live at home any more.

She would give you patient, loving advice as you stumble around trying to figure out adult life.

She would somehow remember everything that is important to you at any given time and sincerely want to hear all about it.

She would sacrifice herself and her whole life for your safety, happiness and wellbeing.
In fact, she's done all of these things (and so many more!) for as long as I can remember. She is the most wonderful mother and friend anyone could ask for.
I love you so much, Mama! Have a very happy birthday!
4 comments:
I don't know your mom very well, but she sure does sound like a sweetheart! Everytime I do see her she always seems so happy. It's really great to see so much love in one family.
That is so sweet! :)
Would she write a book so I can be her one day?
What a wonderful example of motherhood to grow up surrounded by, to learn from as you too become a mother, and to forever have in an unbreakable bond.
Post a Comment