Friday, January 23, 2009

All in the Wrist

A post on my Sister-in-Law's blog reminded me how much I love the 1954 Audrey Hepburn version of "Sabrina."

Any time I have a hard day, all I have to do is watch this scene and it gets me smiling:



Oh, if I could crack eggs like that.

I watched this once with my Grandpa, the summer I lived with them before starting college. He wouldn't admit it, but Grandma told me it's one of his favorite movies. That's the first time I realized he's a big sweet softie on the inside.

I think of him every time I see it.

I've never been a big movie buff (Micah can vouch for that!), but there are some that I enjoy simply because they remind me of memories and people I love. Like watching "Mystery Science Theater 3000" and "The Shadow" with my brothers. Or blubbering over "Stepmom" with my mom. Micah actually took me to see "Jonah, a Veggie Tales Movie" on a date in high school, and now that silly movie is dear to me, too.

A new favorite: Horton Hears a Who. We watched it one of the first nights Maddi was home with us, and it will forever remind me of her. :)

5 comments:

Doug said...

normaaaaaaaaal view! normaaal view! normaaaaaaaaaaaaal view!

Jasmine said...

Hey, I was gonna do that! (Thanks, Doug.....) That's a favorite "memory" movie of mine, too. I think I have your brothers to thank for introducing Justin to that.

I wish I could remember a silly line from Jonah, but I can't. It was a fun movie, though. ;) (Veggie Tales is one of my guilty pleasures.)

Sara said...

that cracks me up. I am so glad that Maddi is feeling better today!!! Hooray! Can't wait to see you guys tonight

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Awww, how sweet!

Doug is so funny. I'm still giggling over here.

And I love that movie clip. I really need to get that version.

Anonymous said...

I'm like that with food, strangely enough. Some things I eat I do so because of the people it fondly reminds me of more than because of a culinary preference.