Um, I didn't have a washer and dryer in our apartment when Darcy was born. I had to shove quarters into a machine and walk downstairs in the wintry cold at least twice a day. And I had to leave Darcy alone, usually strapped in her chair in front of the television, so I could switch loads and shove more quarters in...
Can I just tell you how excited I was to finally move and get our own laundry room. I feel great satisfaction every time I do a load of laundry.
I had to do that for the first two months, too (minus the wintry cold). I tried to do it while she was sleeping. Lucky for me, Joel was quite willing to help with the laundry. Having a washer and dryer in our apartment is seriously the best thing that's happened to me! (Ok, so not really, but you get the idea.) :)
LOL... ahhhh, the memories. I remember when we first had Abby and she had messed in her diaper... I'll give you the short version and tell you that five diapers later she finally finished what she had started. That was the day I learned to give her plenty of time to finish her business and ignore the lovely smells and sounds for an additional five minutes or so.
Yes we all have had those lovely laundry moments. I remember doing laundry at 3am because Dante had completely missed the diaper and pooped on everything else, myself included. Who knew poop could shoot so far?
Meghan- that's EXACTLY what happened! Thankfully it wasn't in the middle of the night like Calista's ordeal. Michelle: guess I don't have it so bad, our laundry room is freezing, but inside. :)
Thanks for sharing, ladies- it's so helpful just to hear we all go through these things!
I am often grateful for laundry machines... how did women do this before them?! I knew a mom that had to carry full size towels around... she got used to it, and it wasn't very stylish... but it kept the mess under control! :)
Ooooh, yes, is having a washer/dryer in house a bonus. So nice to be able to do it between other work/cleaning and not have to worry about clothes going missing or being "helpfully" piles on filthy folding tables.
8 comments:
Um, I didn't have a washer and dryer in our apartment when Darcy was born. I had to shove quarters into a machine and walk downstairs in the wintry cold at least twice a day. And I had to leave Darcy alone, usually strapped in her chair in front of the television, so I could switch loads and shove more quarters in...
Can I just tell you how excited I was to finally move and get our own laundry room. I feel great satisfaction every time I do a load of laundry.
I had to do that for the first two months, too (minus the wintry cold). I tried to do it while she was sleeping. Lucky for me, Joel was quite willing to help with the laundry. Having a washer and dryer in our apartment is seriously the best thing that's happened to me! (Ok, so not really, but you get the idea.) :)
Hang in there! You're doing great!
yay! congratulations katy! I found your blog on linds and john's blog. hope you get more sleep soon :)
alli
LOL... ahhhh, the memories. I remember when we first had Abby and she had messed in her diaper... I'll give you the short version and tell you that five diapers later she finally finished what she had started. That was the day I learned to give her plenty of time to finish her business and ignore the lovely smells and sounds for an additional five minutes or so.
Yes we all have had those lovely laundry moments. I remember doing laundry at 3am because Dante had completely missed the diaper and pooped on everything else, myself included. Who knew poop could shoot so far?
Meghan- that's EXACTLY what happened! Thankfully it wasn't in the middle of the night like Calista's ordeal. Michelle: guess I don't have it so bad, our laundry room is freezing, but inside. :)
Thanks for sharing, ladies- it's so helpful just to hear we all go through these things!
I am often grateful for laundry machines... how did women do this before them?! I knew a mom that had to carry full size towels around... she got used to it, and it wasn't very stylish... but it kept the mess under control! :)
Ooooh, yes, is having a washer/dryer in house a bonus. So nice to be able to do it between other work/cleaning and not have to worry about clothes going missing or being "helpfully" piles on filthy folding tables.
Keep at it, you're doing great!
Post a Comment