By 10:30 this morning, Madison and I had both gone through three sets of clothes (not to mention two blankets and seven diapers). That's a new record for us.
This mom stuff is hard sometimes.
Sometimes, I love it-
But sometimes, I'm really overwhelmed.
Advice? :)
8 comments:
Take each day one at a time and remember that there are people close to help. :-)
i am so glad to see she's home with you! What a pretty girl. My advice is, only change her when she's truly messy (you know, a real explosion). You realize after a few weeks that they're ALWAYS going to have a dripple of spit-up down their front, no matter how many times a day you change their clothes. Cherish how they smell right after a bath... it doesn't last long :)
Um, don't change her so much. I smelled like baby puke for an entire year. The first 3 months was the worst. It sounds like Madison is as spitty as Darcy was. I feel for you, but trust me, it will get better.
And if you get overwhelmed, come spend a day here, please! I'll help you out all day if you need. Better here than there because Darcy would ruin your apartment, and Madison doesn't care where she is as long you're there. :)
Enjoy this precious time with her. She is such angel, even if she does spit up all the time. I love her to pieces!
I have to agree with Michelle. I used to change my shirt and Alexis' outfit after every little spit up. Now I only change her if a) she's really wet from drool, b) she's had a MAJOR spit-up, or c) she's exploded poop out of her diaper. The latter sometimes lands her in the tub, too. I rarely change my shirt during the day. You just get used to having baby urp all over you. Plus, if you change all the time, you're going to run out of clean shirts very quickly. You can also try bibs for little Madison. :)
You must learn to think of spit up as a kind of exotic perfume or a badge of honor. Wear it with pride because you are a mom! Eventually you will get to the point where it doesn't feel quite so overwhelming. I am so glad that she is home and doing well.
I am just like you... ten spit ups a day meant ten shirts a day. LOL for me it was just nasty no matter what people told me. Although I did sorta get used to it and if it wasn't much then I would just try to wipe it off and continue with the day.
Your a great mommy, and your doing a great job!
Ethan spit up about a cup after each feeding...I learned to carry a large towel with me at all times:-)
Breathe.
Post a Comment