Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween in Texas


Last Halloween, Madison wore a long sleeve onesie, leg warmers and a big puffy coat over her costume.  And we didn't even go out trick or treating-  that was just for the walk from the house to the car on our way to a party.


Lucky for us, Halloween this year was a balmy 78 degrees, even after dark. There's a good reason to love Texas! 


 The whole concept of collecting candy was lost on Maddi (she's a cookies and ice cream kind of girl), but she sure loved running around in her "bumby dress."  And once she spied the blow-up bouncy castle at our church "trunk or treat," she lost all interest in walking around asking for goodies.


Halloween is definitely not my favorite holiday, but I participated a little.  Medusa hair is about as  Halloween as I get (But let's be honest, I secretly love pinning rubber snakes in my crazy hair). Micah donned some Harry Potter getup and we felt very festive.


All in all, a fun day. And as much as I miss both Utah and Colorado, I have to say I'm glad we weren't in either place for Halloween. We'd have had one cold little bug!

11 comments:

Aubrey said...

Cute pictures!! I think my favorite on is you with Medusa hair and a hoody. Hehe

Sarah said...

funny to compare your bee and my bee - oh the weather difference two states south makes! :)
Loving Maddi's hair! I can't believe how much it has grown! And she got your curl - lucky girl.

Rasmussen Family said...

I wish we had 78 degree weather here...it was cold and rainy:( your daughter is soooo adorable!

Jennifer Tolman said...

oh my gosh katy! I am so in love with maddie's hair!! I hope our little girl has some curls!! or Red :D.. I loved all of your costumes.. especially yours! How creative!! You are making me wish we were living in texas right as this winter is about to come!

Anonymous said...

Madison looks darling! I love her intensive expressions while exploring and excited.

Looks like both Mommy and Daddy got enough into it to enjoy too. Glad you all had fun!

Steve said...

(WARNING: unashamedly biased comment from a father follows)

Micah looks grand. Maddi brings giggles to my soul.

And Katy, even with snakes in your hair you are breathtakingly beautiful. In that you are very much your mother's daughter.

ANeibaur said...

CUTE!!! She is so big! I totally agree that the warmer weather is nice (secretly Jealous). That looks so fun!

Becca and Ashton said...

she was the CUTEST bee I have ever seen!!!

Heather said...

1. I miss you guys. 2. how CUTE are all 3 of you! 3. Maddi is getting SO big, I can't even believe it! 4. We're driving down to Texas for thanksgiving... not looking forward to the LONG drive... I wish you were in North Texas so I could see you!! Please let me know if you are ever in Utah and have time for a visit! Miss you tons!

Karen said...

Cutest bumble bee I've ever seen!

Rachel Leigh said...

SO CUTE! She is a doll! I am glad the weather was so nice for you. miss you!