Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We've arrived.

(Yes, that is the Alamo.)

Well folks, after a whole lot of this:


Some of this:

Some more of this:

A little of this:

And then one big long drive and a plane ride or two,
we're finally here.

We've only been in Texas a week, but we love it. Especially the local barbecue. And the Riverwalk. And the Alamo. Oh yeah, and the fact that this is the coolest (and when I say "cool," I mean relatively) Spring weather San Antonio has had in a long time. Lucky us.



Stay tuned for updates on our last few months (oops!).

15 comments:

Channa said...

Yay Katy! So excited for you and your family. Love the pictures and can't wait for more blog posts to come. You guys are darling!

Heather said...

Remember the Alamo! :) I'm so glad you made it to Texas Safely. I'm glad you're enjoying it! I am flying to Dallas on Wednesday for a few days, and I will be thinking of you ~ you'll only be 6 hours away! :) We sure do miss you around here... it makes me sad when we drive past your little house. Miss you!

Terry's Place said...

I remember visiting the alamo and the riverwalk when I was the for a conference. It is a fun place and I'm glad you have good weather. You seem to be enjoying your new home. Good luck and email us your contact info. Looking forward to your new blogs. Miss you guys and love you all!

Sarah said...

Congrats on getting there safely! Cool Alamo. Maybe we'll come check it out sometime. :)
Hope you are liking it!

Sara said...

Yeah! Looks like you guys are having fun already! We miss you here, but glad to see Texas is treating you well!

PS- I have to know, where did your red dress come from? I LOVE it!!

Derico Photography said...

Glad you made it there safe and sound and are enjoying it already!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Katy you guys are such a cute family!!! I loved going to the riverwalk and alamo when we were in Texas. And I'm glad to hear it's cool weather, because the summer I was there was miserable! We just got back from a cruise too. Such a great break from busy life!

ANeibaur said...

Looks so fun! :) Congrats on everything!

Jennifer Tolman said...

Congratulations on the move! it is a ton of work and I bet you're excited to be done and there!... you are making me miss texas's Green and Humidity! I hope everthing treats you well there! good luck!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Oh my gosh, I miss you guys a ton already! Sigh. Frowns. More sighs.

I'm really happy you both got there safe, even if some of it was a pain. It looks very beautiful there!

Andi Fitz said...

That is good news! Looks like you guys are having a blast! Looks like you also did a great job packing! Can't wait to join in on the fun! Hope the weather stays cool a little longer for us! Scott's on his way with the truck, and I'm coming Tuesday!

The Thomas Family said...

I love you red sundress. You look beautiful. I miss you so much! Which I already told you in a text today. lol. Moving is such a pain so I hope you got through this month okay. When it slows down a little call me. We have to catch up. Give Maddie kisses from Sky and I! We love yall! p.s. pretty soon you will be saying yall too!

The Lorenc Family said...

So fun! I am so happy for you guys! We didn't have a chance to have any Texas BBQ yet, but we are looking forward to it. I saw the Alamo once. I thought it was funny to be in the middle of all those buildings. I hope we get to see you guys and it soon!

Rachel Leigh said...

YAY! looks like you guys had a good time on your cruise! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Didn't I already comment on this? Eep!

I am so excited to see you already busy being Texans. Enjoy the new adventure, for you can count on it being an adventure you will never forget. Yes, there will be both good and bad, but mostly good.