(thanks for the birthday dress, mom and dad!)
There were three different snow cone vendors on the patio of the Alamo (I guess there's a high demand for snow cones there?) and even though we were headed to dinner, I asked Micah to get me one. And he did. It was my birthday, after all. (Micah is not usually an advocate of dessert before dinner. But I most certainly am!)
Next we went to the Riverwalk. I'd heard so much about this place, but had no idea what to expect. I think I was picturing any other old downtown plaza with shops and restaurants, etc. I was surprised to find we had to walk down a long twisty set of stairs to get to this beautiful stretch of the San Antonio river far below the level of the streets. Outdoor cafes, stores and hotels with beautiful old facades line both sides of the walkways, and little tour boats run up and down the river. There's live music, a million different delicious smells, and enormous trees shading the whole area.
We stopped for dinner at the County Line BBQ, recommended to us as some of San Antonio's best. We got to sit outside overlooking the river as we ate. And boy, was it delicious!
I think Maddi approved of our first Texas barbecue.
(Reaching for Dad's plate after finishing her own)
The napkin kept her (and us) most entertained of all. Love this kid!
Thanks for the fun birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment