Sunday, May 30, 2010

Maddi, eat with your fingers, please.

Words I never thought would come out of my mouth.

See, my one-and-a-half year old loves spoons. The very first time I put one in her hand, she knew just what to do with it. These days, she will attempt to eat an entire meal with a spoon-- and do a pretty good job of it, too. If I give her a plate of finger food, she will beg for a spoon. In fact, she often won't touch her food until she has a spoon in her hand.

Last night we went out to dinner.

Guess who forgot to bring a spoon?

Maddi sat staring at her plate of chicken and mashed potatoes (her favorite) saying, "poom," "poom," "poom," while we scrambled around trying to find a utensil she wouldn't poke herself with. We finally ended up with a wide soup spoon, which she diligently tried to fit in her little mouth. And dumped all her food down her front in the process. Which was a big mess, because we also forgot to bring a bib (figures). A whole lot of clean up, but definitely entertaining!

9 comments:

Derico Photography said...

LOL, cute!

ANeibaur said...

Haha! She is such a cutie!

Jasmine said...

Alexis is totally the same way! No matter what she's eating, she simply HAS to have a utensil of some sort. Oh, and we've completely given up on bibs with her because she tears it off a split-second after we put it on. She's actually getting a lot better at not making a mess....with some foods, anyway.

Sarah said...

I wish Lydia did more with her spoon then hold it in her hand while the other eats or use it as a drumstick.

Terry's Place said...

With little ones it seems you never remember what will be needed, but I bet she is a doll no matter how messy

Michelle D. Argyle said...

So cute! Next up is chop sticks. :)

Aubrey said...

You should have said something like..."spoon is not for Maddy". Hehe. I'm so glad I found your blog! Very fun stuff. You inspire me to actually write on mine. :) I'm so glad that you're my neighbor!

The Lorenc Family said...

oh, that is so cute! "poom". I love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear! Glad that you were able to make it through the meal, mess and all.