I've been demoted.
Tuesday night I was moved from my spacious, bright, sunny room in Labor and Delivery into a tiny little antepartum room three floors above. I was unhooked and disconnected from all my wires and monitors, doctors and nurses stopped checking in on me every hour, and just like that I went from high-risk patient to "you're stuck here for a while, lady-- get used to it." It made me a little sad at first; like I was just getting tucked away and forgotten about.
But it's a good thing. It means this little guy is doing well and we've made it past the most critical period. Since I haven't gone into labor or lost too much fluid yet, chances are we'll make it to our 34-week goal. So now we just wait. And it's not so bad. I do see nurses a few times a day, and I've gotten to know the room service folks really well. And the food in this hospital, believe it or not, is fabulous. Think hot mozzarella, tomato, and fresh spinach on a toasted baguette drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. I swear it's on the menu.
So besides feeling a little cooped up and missing my family, it's not so terrible. I mean, now that I think about it, sounds like a pretty sweet deal-- lying around in bed all day while people bring me delicious food (you should all try bedrest sometime!). If I can just focus on the positives, then this next week or so won't be too long and lonely. I'll work on that.
3 comments:
"Think hot mozzarella, tomato, and fresh spinach on a toasted baguette drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette."
Oh, I am SOOOO hungry now.
Glad that you are enjoying good food during your enforced quiet time. Hope Netflix continues to help fill in the waking hours until week 34. * hugs *
I thought the food was great also. I was expecting to have to send Jorel out for take out every night, but we loved the hospital food.
I got put on home bed rest this week and I'm so done with it. My house...oh my poor house. So I'm glad you're still enjoying it.
Post a Comment