It’s looking like babies like to come early in our family. (No, he’s not here yet. Not quite.)
Today I am 32 weeks along. Yesterday my water broke. Which poses a bit of a problem, because this little guy’s still just a bit smaller that we want him to be before he comes. So last night I moved into my own room in the hospital, and here I will stay until he arrives.
Ultimately, the doctors want to keep labor at bay as long as they can so baby has as much time in the oven as possible. It’s common to go into labor within 24 hours of water breaking, but if we can get past that hurdle and as long as 1: Baby has enough amniotic fluid, 2: there is no infection, and 3: I don’t start contracting and progressing; I will just stay here on bedrest and antibiotics until 34 weeks, at which point they’ll go ahead and deliver.
So far, everything is stable and baby is doing fine. Grandma flies to San Antonio tomorrow to take over mom duties at our house, and the amazing people at our Church have already swooped in to provide meals and babysitting while I’m away. Meanwhile I am honestly a little excited to have an excuse (or mandate, rather) to rest, do nothing, and have people take care of me for the next little while. And even as hard as it is to be stuck in a bed and away from my family, we are just hoping and praying that this little one stays right where he is for a while longer, and are grateful he’s doing so well at the moment.
We’ll keep you updated—maybe too often because I’ll have nothing to do all day but mess around on the laptop—and post pictures of our little man as soon as he makes his debut!
**Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who have offered so much help and prayers already. We appreciate all our dear friends and family!**
12 comments:
Good luck staying still. You have one of the most amazing families on earth to draw together for this. Prayers that everything goes the best is can! * Hugs *
Good luck with the best rest and I'm so happy your mom can come to help with Maddi. I hope little man stays happy and put for the next few weeks.
This seems to be not only a trend for your family but also a trend amongst people I know. My cousin just went through this and her little girl was born at 32 weeks but she is doing so well, and I have every confidence that your's will do well too. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your little man. Good Luck!
Good luck Katy. We will be down there next week for good. Please let me know if you need ANYTHING! :D We'll keep you in our prayers.
Oh my gosh Katy! This is crazy, I feel so bad. Please let me know if I can help, I'll try calling you or Micah in the morning to see if we can bring Maddi to church or help in any way. We'll be praying for you and the baby!
Oh my goodness! That's crazy Katy. Enjoy your rest and keep us updated!
We'll keep you and the little man in our prayers, Katy!
Katy, our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family!
Oh Katy! I'm so sorry! You seem to have such a positive attitude, you are awesome! I wish I was closer to bring you dinner and stop by and chat with you for a bit! I just may have to call you now that you have to stay put for a bit! You and your sweet family are in out prayers. Keep smiling, it'll be okay!
Good luck. Do you want some movies recommendations? You should definitely get Netflix if you don't already have it. Wish we were closer to help out. We will definitely pray for you!
Wow! I'm so impressed with your positive outlook! Please let me know if you need anything. I'd be happy to bring by books, movies, magazines, games, crafts, whatever would help! It sounds like you've got lots of help, but I'd be happy to help watch Maddi if your family needs a break.
Ah... good old best rest... it's more enjoyable when you have kids already and get the chance to relax a bit from the daily duties. Even then it gets old fast. Sending you happy mamma vibes that you and your little guy make it through the appointed time with some sanity to spare :)
Post a Comment