Monday, May 23, 2011

The other day, an alarm I had set went off on the computer and startled Madison.  She came running over to me, saying, "Mom, I scaried!"  I reached down to hug her and started to say, "It's not scary, just a loud noise."  Then she said, "I say prayers.  I scaried and Jesus feel me better." 

Never taught her that.

Should have taught her that.

She never stops surprising me with the things she puts together and the sweet, childlike faith that comes so naturally to her.  Now, each time she's scared or worried, we say a little prayer and feel the peace and comfort that comes from the Savior. 

I needed that reminder.  I know it should be the other way around, but I learn something from this little girl every single day.

10 comments:

alli taggart said...

katy!
I found your blog again (I always seem to forget and then re-find it in lindsay and john's. and then think, why haven't I added katy to my blogroll?) and I am just so inspired and so uplifted. your family is SO cute and so funny and everything you touch turns gorgeous! congrats on your house and your almost-here-new-baby!
alli taggart

Greg said...

Katy.... this was an awesome little story. You're so blessed... and I bet you did teach her that.

Sarah said...

So cute. Good job on writing these down. I think I am going to regret that I don't do it more.

Meg said...

Amen to that! Lily teaches me things; the Primary kids do too. It's amazing and I love it! Such a sweet post :)

Anonymous said...

Well done, Madison. Well done, Katy.

Your story reminds me of all the ones I heard from the best teachers. Inevitably, they end up saying, "My students teach me more than I could ever teach them."

Meg said...

Katy, I hope this isn't creepy. I love your blog. You and your family are so cute.

Steve said...

Thank you, my dear ones.

Derico Photography said...

:) We do that when the kids get scared... actually I do that when I get scared and they are with me because I know he will listen to them. Not that he wouldn't listen to me, but you know what I mean... they are just so sweet, innocent and pure.

Sue said...

Love it! I can't wait till Benson can say more things. I'm so interested to know what he is thinking.

Kate said...

Madison is such a sweet little girl! Love this picture of you two, you are both beautiful!