Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Wonderful Wife


I'm feeling extremely grateful today. So much, in fact, that I'm writing on our blog for only the second time ever (this is Micah, by the way). While much of my gratitude comes from having graduated yesterday and knowing that I have a good job to start soon, most of my gratitude is for my wonderful wife.

Katy spent the last two and half days slaving in our kitchen preparing food, salads, desserts, drinks and more for a small family gathering to celebrate my graduation. She spent more time in our kitchen than anywhere else, including sleeping hours, in the last three days. She made the things that she knows I like the most in order to make it a special day for me. The food was definitely great, but I was touched by the amount of effort she put into making my graduation memorable. She's been doing this all our married life.

This last February, I was in the middle of midterms and working on a variety of big projects as Valentine's Day approached. Katy noticed that I was stressed out and extremely busy, and she made me a deal....she offered to take care of this Valentine's Day if I would agree to take care of the rest once I graduate. :) She made a delicious steak dinner, took me out for dessert and shopping (I needed new jeans), and then brought me home for a movie and treats. She gave me fortune cookies where she had taken out the original fortunes and replaced them with cute love notes and romantic fortunes. It was such a fun night.

For my birthday, last October, she went around the house while I was sleeping and put sticky notes all over to celebrate my birthday. I woke up to a sticky note on my toothbrush that said "Birthday Toothbrush!" There was one on the mirror in the bathroom that said "Birthday Boy!" I had to dress up for a presentation at school that day, so she had laid out my nicest suit, shirt, and tie with a sticky note on it that said, "Birthday Suit!" with a smiley face on it (funny, right?). When I got out of the shower and went to pick up Madison, she had a sticky note on her that said "Birthday Baby!" Finally, when I went to give Katy a kiss goodbye for the day, she had a note on her shirt that said "Birthday Wife!" Recently we've started celebrating "birthday week" for the entire week around our birthdays, and she was constantly doing things for me during my birthday week.

I could go on for quite a bit about wonderful things that she does to make me, and other people, feel special and appreciated, whether it be a special occasion or not. She's so incredibly creative. She has taken up things like sewing, interior decorating, and baking, and she picks them up quickly and makes beautiful things. I find myself enjoying talking to her about her little ideas about interior decorating or sewing when I would normally not be interested in that type of thing. She just has a unique way of looking at everyday things and making them extraordinary.

I have such a beautiful, talented, creative, happy, and intelligent wife. If our children grow up to be anything like their mother, the world will be better and brighter. Katy is my greatest blessing. Thanks for making my life so, so good.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Katy is amazing! She is super talented and so much fun. I'm happy you two are so happy. Congrats on graduating, Micah! We are sure going to miss you!!!

ANeibaur said...

Aww that's the sweetest thing! Both of you are so lucky to have the other. That's so wonderful!

Cami and Wes said...

:)

Derico Photography said...

Awww! You are lucky to have each other.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Micah!!!

What a beautiful tribute. Yes, Katy is definitely a Super Mom. Think she got it from hers, and from having a wonderful husband and child to make it all worth it. Congratulations, Lorenc family!

Sarah said...

I am grateful for her too. Congratulations on graduating and getting a job. Find one in Ohio soon though, I think we will miss you two too much!

Sarah said...

I am grateful for her too. Congratulations on graduating and getting a job. Find one in Ohio soon though, I think we will miss you two too much!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Kay IS wonderful! I don't really do stuff like the birthday thing for Adam. I'm just not creative that way, but we all find ways to show our love. Katy's is so beautifully artistic! You are a lucky man. :)

Congrats on graduating!

Terry's Place said...

You two are both luck people to have each other. It is fun to see you taking care and loving each other. I am just glad you are part of our life and wish you both the best of luck on this next stage of your life.

Katielin317 said...

:) Congrats Micah! Graduating is so stinkin' liberating, no? And yes, Katy totally rocks. Can't know her without loving her.