The Dog has gone to live with my brother Doug, who can give this little guy the time, attention and training he deserves. Doug loves dogs, has a huge backyard, and isn't OCD about his house. He doesn't have a new baby at home, and he goes traipsing all over the desert and mountains on a regular basis.
A much more conducive lifestyle for this little puppy.
I hope it's because I'm wise enough to recognize when something is too overwhelming for me, not just because I need (yes, for my sanity) to have a clean house, or because I'm slightly neurotic about smells.
I think it's really because I don't want anything taking away the precious time I have with my baby right now. And because I don't feel right keeping a teething puppy in a house that doesn't belong to us. And because I know this dog will be much, much happier with Doug.
See?

He's so happy. And not peeing on my carpet.
AND Doug now has an adventuring buddy. Win-win-win.
7 comments:
You've done the wise thing, Princess. There will be a time when your family is ready for a well-loved pet. Remember Cricket. Remember how long Mom and I waited after Lindsay joined our family before we got JoJo. It'll work out.
I feel both sad and excited. Sad that you didn't get to keep the puppy you so quickly adored, but so excited for Doug to have his adventure buddy. :)
I just read your dad's comment--I loved Cricket!!! Such a cute puppy...well, dog! :) And I agree with your dad.
Win-Win-Win......hm...fellow
Office fan?
My girls LOVE download their uncle Micah on ITunes....they think he is a rock star.
Cute pic, but the picture is taking forever to load... not sure if it's my internet or what. :(
Still, good choice. I know you've made the right one.
That sounds like it was a hard decision to make. Good for you being able to do hard things!
From the sounds of it, the real reason you were meant to have the puppy for a while was so you could learn what was involved and then be the intermediary for introducing the dog to Doug. I expect they will be a fun match, and you've been a good matchmaker. ;->
Side note: Is that a bubble I see in the picture? It must be bred into labs to love chasing those. My mom's lab can't get enough of them!
Yep, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Glad you are taking it all in stride. The day will come when you know it's right. May I suggest you do some research on breeds when that time comes next, you'd be amazed the attitude differences between some dogs.
hahahahaha!!!! I am still laughing! oooh! Okay, so I am so glad to know of someone else who is OCD about a clean house and smells! When my kids want puppy time, we go to Quinn and Jamie's and my kids are happy. Then we go home and Quinn and Jamie keep them, which makes them happy, and I don't which makes me happy. Win-win-win!
Post a Comment