Tuesday, March 31, 2009

If I were a Hatbox



My cousin Laura has this darling little shop of handmade boxes and accessories. She names her product styles after people she knows, like "Joan" (named for our aunt, who is the embodiment of sophistication and class).



There's a set called "Joyce," after our old fashioned, sweet grandmother:


And I don't know Mirinda- but based on her boxes, I'll bet she's as trendy and fashionable as they come.


It's been a while since I looked at Laura's stuff, but today I found this new set on her website:


It's called "Katy." I'm so flattered! Laura definitely has a talent for making beautiful things, and I'm excited she would use my name to describe some of them.

I've always craved classification- I want to be known as something, whether it's "classy" like Aunt Joan, or "intelligent" like my dad, or "artistic," "athletic," etc. It's human nature to wonder what other people think of you, right? To want to know, if someone were to name a hatbox after you, if it would be hot pink leopard print or lace and pearls? Now I know!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Katy you are simply darling! The blue fabric with the cute little flowers just screamed your name. Hope you like it. P.S. I'm still waiting to do Maddi's. Did you find the bedding picture?

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Wow. I don't know what I would be. Probably cream with browns. :)

Those hatboxes are awesome! Tell her beautiful job. :)

ANeibaur said...

That's really cool and cute! I must have a hat box now, or several! :D
I think it suits you perfectly, beautiful, elegant, yet absolutely adorable! Love it!

Steve said...

You are "exquisite" or maybe "angelic."

The Lorenc Family said...

I think angelic and adorable, with a splash of dainty, and the kind of class that gets better over time. The boxes seemed to describe you perfectly to me!

As for me, I am a weird mix. Country with city, traditional in a new up-dated way, common sense with my random weaknesses for splurge and luxury, never deciding on one color because they are all fabulous. But over-all, I must say I appreciate. I appreciate a lot of things and see beauty in a lot of places.

What would that look like? Yikes! haha!

Sara said...

Those boxes do seem perfectly named after you! And, can I just say you are a great writer. Your blog always has me itching to read on.

Anonymous said...

How about "Pretty" or maybe just skip to "Perfect"? I like some of the other suggestions too: "Great", "Darling", "Angelic", etc. You have a natural beauty that is only enhanced by the love of life that shines through, even as you are still human like the rest of us. It is inspiring and draws people to want to be close, subconsciously hoping to be beautified by the association. To say nothing of the fun conversation to be had with you!

Sorry, can't imagine encapsulating you in one word. You are too diverse and wondrous for such small compartmentalization.