Monday, December 15, 2008

Four Weeks and Counting!

The other day I went to watch Vocal Point sing at a Christmas breakfast, and over our quiche and cinnamon rolls, the guys started asking me what it's like to be pregnant. Ha. Women have tried unsuccessfully to make men understand this for hundreds of years. This was my attempt:

Football three-a-days. Every day. For nine months.

Oh, and for the first two or three months you have the flu, and for the last two or three you have the tackling dummy strapped to your abdomen.

At least you get a cute, cuddly little bundle of joy out of it all, which is more than we can say for football. :)

7 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Yes, welcome to pregnancy.

And people ask me why I don't want to do it again. Heh.

What gets me is that most of those people are women who have multiple kids.

What am I missing out on here????

Is it because Darcy is a monster? A cute monster. A huggable, adorable, sweet little monster. But a monster nonetheless....

Yeah, that must be it. :)

Just give me a few years. Really.

Good luck, Katy! I'm cheering you on!

Jasmine said...

That's a quite accurate analogy. :)

Hooray for the final stretch!!

Branden said...

wow. i use that analogy on branden. maybe then he will understand why i'm not looking forward to it...at least the pregnancy part.

YAY! so close. I'm excited :)

ANeibaur said...

Wow. That is the coolest most accurate analogy I have ever heard someone give.
It is totally worth it... Personally I am excited to have more. :D
Its getting so close! She is going to be so gorgeous!

Rachel said...

Well said! So, did the guys understand it after your analogy?kin

Anonymous said...

* snickers * Very cute! I like your description, will have to remember that one for later...

And in case we don't see you again until after this week: Hope your family has a Merry Christmas!

Holly said...

I love the analogy. Makes me think twice about all that pregnancy stuff. But, also sounds accurate from what I have seen. Glad it went well.