Saturday, October 11, 2008

Snow! And California.

It snowed for about 15 minutes this morning.

Ironically, they happened to be the very 15 minutes we spent outside a Sinclair gas station waiting in line for free blue-dyed pancakes at BYU's Homecoming Parade Breakfast.

On any other Saturday, we would have slept right through it- the flurries were gone and the sun was shining by 8:45. But because we were lucky enough (or crazy enough- college kids will do anything for free food!) to experience the first snow of the season, I figured I better post some pictures of our summer in beautiful, sunny California. Before it gets too cold to look at them without feeling sad. :)

Museum of Art- Downtown San Jose
Winchester Mystery House- Downtown San Jose
Pier 39- San Francisco
AT&T Park (Giants Stadium)- San Francisco
California State Railroad Museum- Sacramento
LDS Temple- Sacramento
Monterey Bay Aquarium- Monterey"The Mystery Spot-" Santa Cruz Mountains
The Beach Boardwalk- Santa Cruz

(These are just highlights- to view the whole photo album click here.)

6 comments:

ANeibaur said...

Oh how fun. Wish I were there right now! :D

Jasmine said...

Wow--snow already! It's just barely starting to feel like fall here in California. It actually happened overnight, literally! I love the smell of autumn, and I can't wait to spend November in Utah where seasons actually exist. :)

Laura said...

Did you know my uncle owns the Mystery Spot? I love that place!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Yes, winter is on its way, or here, since it's Sunday now, and still snowing. *A big fat sigh.* I think I'm going to go cry now. Sniff.

Yes, I wish I was still in Cali. Another sniff.

I really need a better attitude.

Sara said...

wow what a fun summer! I want to go back... Do you guys want to join us?

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures! They remind me of the fun trips to the Pacific coast while growing up. And I can see why Mom likes to create excuses to go to her favorite restaurant there: For the food and all the great spots around.

Normally I would ask which one was your favorite, but it's clear from your smiles that you enjoyed them all.

It was a delight to see you Sunday! And I am looking forward to seeing you again next week. ;->