Thursday, August 4, 2011

Life lately.

Funny how I can be completely exasperated with my children (it's been a loooong day), but then as soon as bedtime rolls around I feel all kinds of love for them.  I just look at their beautiful little sleeping faces and I almost want to wake them both up to snuggle and kiss them.  Almost.  Except for the fact that I just spent the last half of the day counting down to this very moment when there is finally quiet and peace and time to myself.

I'm getting used to this whole two kids thing.  It's hard sometimes, and I miss being able to focus on one thing at a time like a normal sane person-- lately I feel like I start a million things, but never finish a single one of them because somebody always needs to be fed, or changed, or use the potty, or be disciplined, or take a nap, or have an owie kissed better, or a toy fixed, or a binkie replaced, or a onesie changed...  It literally took me two full days to make a peach pie.  Now that's just crazy.  And oh, what I wouldn't give for two or three hours uninterrupted to clean my house!

But as hard as it is sometimes, I wouldn't give this up for the world.  I love these little munchkins so much I can't stand it.  Mostly, I can't believe how fast time is going.  Graysen will be eight weeks on Sunday.  Eight weeks!
And just today I looked at Maddi and thought, when did you stop being my baby girl?  She's huge. And acting so grown up.  It blows my mind.
So it's days like today-- when things are a little rough,and I'm beyond exhausted, and my patience is wearing really thin-- that I have to remind myself just how quickly this time will go by, and how grateful I am for these kiddos.  Because I have absolutely no idea where I'd be without them.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You have some beautiful children! And don't worry, two gets much easier.

Meg said...

Katy, I know what you mean when you say you wish you had some uninterrupted time to clean your house. It takes me twice as long with Lily, so it must take you 4x as long haha. If you ever need me to just come over and watch them while you get some stuff done, I would love to! Let me know for real :)

Derico Photography said...

I'm having one of those days and it's barely 10am. I've already had to run two loads of laundry and clothes covered in puke. Sigh. Sure love my babies though!

Sarah said...

Katy - your life is like a good conference talk - inspiring, motivating, and just good! You remind me how I should be living, especially as a mother.
I still can't seem to get ready before 2 unless I have other people visiting to hold a baby or entertain a toddler. I love their peaceful sleeping faces too.
Thanks for the reminder!