Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Four weeks.

Photos by Mandy Potter: http://www.mandysstudio.com/

Little Graysen is four weeks old today.
He's been home with us for a little over two weeks, and we are just loving him.  We are a tad sleep-deprived (okay a lot sleep-deprived), but so glad he is healthy and home!
Graysen only spent twelve days in the NICU.  Not so bad for being six weeks early.  Since coming home, he has packed on nearly two pounds and his little cheeks are starting to round out.  His arms and legs are still tiny tiny, but not quite the twigs they were when he was born.  He’s already grown out of his preemie clothes (in length-- we have to stretch to get a preemie onesie snapped around his diaper), but newborn clothes are as baggy as can be on him.  Tall and skinny, like his dad.  Glad he didn’t get my genes as far as height goes!
Graysen is a very noisy baby, but only when he sleeps.  He grunts and gargles and whimpers and makes a high pitched throaty noise that sounds like a giggle.  Maddi gets a kick out of it—she’s always saying, “He’s laughing!”  When he’s awake, he’s mostly calm and quiet, unless we are changing him and then he has a rhythmic little cry that cracks like a squeak toy when he’s really mad.  The first time we heard it, Micah and I just laughed at him.  It’s kind of adorable. 
 Madison loves her baby brother.  She always wants to hold him, and kiss him, and hold his hand. Every time he cries, she gets a toy for him.  I'm constantly finding various stuffed animals next to him in the swing.  She is so soft and gentle with him, and so far hasn't shown any signs of jealousy.  We'll see how she does once he's old enough to touch her things...


We're so glad Graysen is part of our family!

10 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

so glad he is doing so well and looks so healthy. you are looking fabulous and the Texas air is doing you good

Karen said...

He is so precious. I'm glad he's doing so well and that Madison seems to be adjusting well.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I'm glad you put up this post! Such beautiful, lovely pictures! You all look fabulous. :)

Rachel (Borup) Johnston said...

I've been waiting to hear something...so I'm so relieved that you guys are hanging in! He is a DOLL Kate!!

Sarah said...

So cute. The pictures are adorable! Can't believe you look so great after 4 weeks!

hilaryawb said...

So cute! A little Micah and a little Katy. So perfect! You guys all look great! Glad he's home!

The Barbers said...

4 weeks has gone by pretty fast. (Well, for me. :))

Aubrey said...

Beautiful family! I can't wait to see little Graysen again! I probably won't recognize him with all the weight he's put on. ;)

JamiLeigh said...

I love all these pictures! I see a lot of Micah in Graysen. You all look so happy! The picture of Madison holding her baby brother is a treasure. And you look absolutely stunning, as would be expected. :) Congratulations!

Dip It In Chocolate said...

Ok Graysen is adorable (you know that). But so is Maddi! When did she get so big?? I love that she got your eyes. You are the most beautiful family!