Friday, August 12, 2011

Growing.

Today
Graysen is 2 months old
Eight pounds, 8 ounces
20 inches long
(And grumpy, because he had to get shots.)
 His eyes are getting lighter, his eyelashes are getting darker, and he's getting chubbier all over. His cry is getting louder, although it still sounds like a squeak toy and still makes us laugh.  He's sleeping a lot less during the day and a little more at night.  When he's awake he's so alert and  focuses on our faces and follows our voices, and makes a sweet little open mouthed "O" face.  We haven't gotten any smiles out of him yet, but we try real hard.  I'm willing to bet the first person he smiles at is Maddi.


He loves the binkie. He loves to be swaddled. He doesn't love tummy time.  He'll push up on his arms so hard that he rolls onto his side or back.  He's the strongest little thing. When I put him up on my chest, he pushes off and leans away from me, holding up his head and looking around.  Except when he's asleep, then he kind of burrows into my chest and I press my cheek against his little peach fuzz and smell his baby smell and wish he could stay this little forever. 
Unfortunately, he's also started having issues with acid reflux, which makes us all pretty miserable sometimes.  He spits up and gags and sputters all day long, and lately it's started to cause him a lot of pain, which means not so much sleep for anyone.  At least we know somewhat how to deal with it, since Madison had the same problems with reflux, and we're hoping he grows out of this stage sooner than later.  No fun to see our baby hurting so much.

So far my some of my favorite things about Graysen are the way he turns toward my voice when I talk, and gets really quiet when Micah sings.  I love how he just stares at his sister, and when he pokes his little tongue out.  I especially love the way his fuzzy hair sticks straight out in little tufts after he's been sleeping, and how he grabs onto my finger and hangs on so tight.  He's such a sweet boy, and we love him like crazy!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Those pictures are amazing! Did you take them yourself? You'll have to give me lessons.

Unknown said...

He is so precious! He looks so much like Maddie to me :)

Sarah said...

Cute boy! Looking more like Micah - but your eyes.

Meg said...

Beautiful pictures, Katy. He's so handsome! I hope that reflux clears up quickly.

Mike and Alli said...

Aw, I love all the sweet little things you mention that just melt your heart. My favorite is running my lips over his soft hair on the top on his head while snuggling. :)