Friday, February 4, 2011

December: Christmas.


We had a nice, quiet, simple Christmas at home this year.  I very much missed being with family. But I definitely did not miss the stress of traveling,  especially given the fact that I was pregnant-sick AND regular sick at the same time. It was sad in a way, being our first Christmas all by ourselves, but also exciting to just be together as our little family and start our own traditions.


 Micah got exactly what he wanted (perks of buying your own Christmas presents).  He did give me the "surprised face" now and then anyway.

He did surprise ME with a few things I've been wanting for a long time:

And Madison was perfectly content to play with one new thing at a time, which made for a long, lazy, relaxed morning. I'm thinking next year will be a little more chaotic, assuming she remembers what Christmas morning is all about. 
 I loved watching Madison open presents- with each one she would tear off a little corner of paper, then say, "Ooh! Oooh!  Oh my!  Ooh! Oh my goodness!"  before even seeing what was inside.  She's easy to please.  One of her most favorite and well-used gifts has been this Dr. Seuss book from Grandma and Grandpa.  She's had us read it to her so much she has most the pages memorized. 

After presents we had a big brunch and all took naps.  The IDEAL Christmas day activity, I must say. 

Later we shared a simple pot roast and potatoes dinner with some dear friends, and watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" while eating peppermint brownies.  All in all we had a wonderful, relaxing, stress-free holiday.  Hope yours was just as nice!

4 comments:

Heather said...

We did the same thing this year and I loved it. It was so much less stressful not having to pack all the presents up and fly to the parents' house. I'd like to do it again next year...we'll see if the parents put up with that again.

Sarah said...

This is tempting me to try this next Christmas. This year was just so chaotic... a blast, but chaotic!

Karen said...

Micah did good on your gifts! Circuit cutters are so cool! and that cupcake book has some pretty awesome ideas in it! Have you tried any of them out yet?

Unknown said...

I got the 'Nesquik' thing!!!! Thanks to being able to spent time with you & Katy's family. :) I'm glad you had a good Christmas but WE SURE MISSED YOU HERE!!!!!!!