This is what we did on Labor Day.
We drove to a little town called New Braunfels and rode a train around beautiful Landa Park.
Maddi loved watching the ducks and the fishermen all along the Comal river, but the best part of the ride was the fact that every single person in the park stopped whatever they were doing to wave to us as we passed by.
The conductor even let Madison sit in the engine when we got back to the station.
(Couldn't get the kid to smile at the camera for anything, because it was just too bright for her sensitive eyes!)
(Couldn't get the kid to smile at the camera for anything, because it was just too bright for her sensitive eyes!)
New Braunfels, founded by German settlers in the 1800's, is just full of old world,
small town charm. I loved all the pretty buildings.
Next we headed over to historic Gruene (pronounced "green"), a tiny little place just outside New Braunfels.
Gruene is about one block square. But oh so packed with fun little shops and restaurants.
This gorgeous Victorian (the original home of Henry D. Gruene himself) has been restored into a Bed & Breakfast.
Micah and I decided we wouldn't mind spending our next anniversary here:
After hitting the Antique Mall and a few drool-worthy boutiques (okay, I was drooling, Micah not so much), we finished off the day with a stop by the Gruene General Store, where we bought ourselves a brick of homemade peanut butter fudge. I sure do like Texas.
Ps. Thanks to all for the vegetable advice! We have been trying all kinds of new and different ways to eat them. So far we've discovered that Maddi loves zucchini, as long as it is cubed, not sliced (?), and she loves broccoli, as long as it is smothered in alfredo sauce. Celebrate the little victories, right?

12 comments:
Oh my goodness... that fudge looks SO delicious!!! And those buildings are beautiful! I especially love that stone one!
That looks so fun! And maddi is adorable as ever, I can't believe how big she is getting!
And it seems that I am going to have to go look at your veggie post, because I am having the same problem with Aryn. :P
what a cute place. Maddi is looking so big, and so precious as always. Glad yall are still enjoying texas
I love New Braunfels! Fredricksburg is another cute little place worthy to check out, even though it is a little longer of a drive... when I was little I always said I wanted to live in Fredricksburg because I loved the small town feel!
We were there too on Labor Day! Too bad we didn't bump into you guys. What a fun place! We need to get together soon :)
So fun!! You guys are so photogenic:) Im
glad you are enjoying Texas
Your blog is so cute! I'm glad you had the link in your e-mail. And isn't Gruene fun? That fudge looks delicious!!
Wow, Kevin and I really need to go back up there! We missed a lot in Gruene and we didn't hit New Braunfels at all because it was too late at night. Looks like a ton of fun!
I found your blog off of Marissa's. Jimmy and I so need to go to New Braunfels now. I love looking in Boutiques.
I love your blog :) Did Micah tell you we saw you guys at Gruene? Crazy! By the way.. I love the purse you made!! It's adorable!!
mmm. Fudge. What an enchanting little tour. Thanks! I would drool with you, too. I can just imagine all the little treasures. Fun!
Post a Comment