Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sick day.

This little one has been a little under the weather.
So we've taken a break from playgroups and pool time and our usual comings and goings to rest and relax a little. It's been the best day I've had in a long time.

We read stories, did puzzles, drew pictures, blew bubbles, made cookies, discovered Sesame Street (ooooh boy- was that an exciting moment), and did a whole lot of cuddling.

And it makes me think, it shouldn't take a nasty virus to get me to spend this kind of time with my daughter.

Sure, I can't put everything on the to do list on hold every day, but the laundry can wait sometimes. Because there will always be laundry. But my little girl won't stay little. When my mom came to help with the cooking and cleaning after Maddi was born, I told her I was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up without her there. She said this:

“Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow,
For babies grow up, I’ve learned, to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby, and babies don’t keep."
-Author Unknown

Thanks, Mom. And feel better soon, Bug!

4 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Awww, the poor little bug! Darcy was just sick last week and it was not fun for any of us. We're always home, always spending time together. This is because we have no car and I'm too lazy to do chores all the time. Get those two things in line and you're good to go. Except that your house will be dirty, your husband might be a little irritated that dinner isn't always available, and you get super bored and antsy from not going anywhere. I wouldn't trade it for the world. :)

Derico Photography said...

How sad! You can always tell with my girls when they are really sick because all of a sudden they want to lay in one place like little slugs. It's very sad, but kind of cute at the same time.

Sarah said...

Although I never want my babies to be sick, I love the cuddly days. There have been a couple days wheere Lydia just wants me to hold her and we read books for 30 minutes or more while she just lays on my chest. It's the best.

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Oh it's so sad when they are sick. Cohen was recently sick and I had all those similar thoughts... like I shouldn't spend more time with him only when he's sick. I love that quote, thanks! I hope she's feeling better!