Dear Craigslisters.
If you want to come see my house, please be on time.
Please do not come 20 minutes late. (I will wait and wait and then assume you aren't coming, so I will finally put my cranky, overtired baby down for a nap and then you will show up and wake her.)
Please do not come 20 minutes early. (My baby will still be sleeping, because the last people who came 20 minutes late woke her up and she hasn't napped long enough, but then you will come early and wake her.)
Please do not call me after 11:00 at night. (I am exhausted and in bed because my baby had a rough day because her naps were continually interrupted.)
Please do not assume I have unlimited text messaging.
Please do not tell me you are coming and then not show up.
Please do not beg me to allow your dog. I don't make the rules. Really, I can't do anything for you.
Thank you! Come again!
11 comments:
I am sorry!! I just jumped on the same bag wagon you are on! Oh so excited! http://provo.craigslist.org/apa/1596368645.html
Sounds like you had a bad day. Hope today will be better.
oh bless your heart. I HATED trying to sell our last contract... seriously not fun! I hope you get some rest!
Ugh! Sorry about that. Hope you find a buyer quick!
Ewww, sorry! This may be a dumb question, but in your ad, did you put no calls after a certain time and no texting? I know people are dumb, and even if you did out it they will probably do it anyway :( Hope you get someone good that snatches it up :)
In short: Please be considerate human beings.
It seems all too easy to forget there are non-corporate people involved who have another 99% of their lives to attend to.
Good luck, and hope future inquiries are more polite!!!
Oh, dear, sweetie, I'm sorry! See, this is why the point that they stop taking naps makes things a bit easier. I thought it wouldn't be, but it is! Something to look forward to, not dread. :)
Amen!! My favorite call on our ad to rent our home went like this:
"Is it a safe neighborhood?"
"Oh yes, it's very safe. VERY family friendly."
"Good because I got some gang members after me and I need a safe place to hide out.."
"Good luck with that."
We did this all summer... I love when you clean the whole house to an insane degree and then they call and cancel an hour after they were supposed to show up.
I am dreading putting our condo back on the market! Thanks for reminding me what I have to look forward to :)
AMEN!
haha! (I hope my comment doesn't come as untimely...sorry)
Post a Comment