In my family, Chinese New Year is a bigger party than, well, regular New Years. Or maybe even Christmas. (We really do love it that much.) During college, my dad spent two years in Taiwan serving a mission for our church and grew to love the Chinese people and culture.
We love that he learned to cook their delicious food.
Because every year for as long as I can remember, we have celebrated Chinese New Year with a veritable feast of the most amazing homecooked oriental cuisine.
Micah entertaining the kiddos:
My sweet grandma. And her sweet dog.
...And my sweet baby girl.
My contribution- Red velvet cake truffles (Recipe here):
My dad telling stories about his time in China.
Holding baby Taysen (my cousin's). I really just wanted to steal him away because he was so tiny and cuddly.
Holding baby Taysen (my cousin's). I really just wanted to steal him away because he was so tiny and cuddly.
So there you go. If you need an excuse to party some more after the
holidays are over, celebrate Chinese New Year. We do. And we love it.
Happy New Year!
7 comments:
Oh, I'm salivating! I need to do a chinese feast. It's been far too long. That looks so yummy!
I'd love to hear the stories your dad and mine could tell about China. (I've heard my dad's, but not yours, so it would be fun to hear them tell them together.) And your dad is such a great story-teller, I'm sure the evening was quite entertaining. :)
Yay for Chinese New Year! We sure love celebrating with you! And the red velvet cake bites were amazing.
It was so much fun! Thank you for these great pictures! I wish I'd remembered my camera, but it's great that you have one now too! So yay!
Wow! That all looks WAY better then the pizza we had LOL
Glad you had a fun time. That's really awesome!
I need to be adopted into your family. That food looks too good.
Happy New Year!
Those pictures look like they came straight out of a cooking magazine. Beautiful pictures and drool-inducing food. Especially the truffles. Ooooh, I think just looking at it too long could cause weight-gain. The love of the event and the family is clearly evident.
Oh, and I have to say that puppy looks SOOOOOO cute!! What a snuggly-looking darling.
wow! i had no idea you celebrated chinese new year! gong hei fat choy to you and your family! that looks like an amazing feast...i had a pretty good one myself :]
Post a Comment