Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Favorite Things 2008

Every Holiday season, The Oprah Winfrey Show features a list of Oprah's favorite products of the year. I started a list of my own back in December, but have been a little preoccupied since then, so I'm just now finishing it. These are a few things I can't live without:

1. Pampered Chef Avocado Peeler
A much safer alternative to peeling avocados with a knife (my sister-in-law Michelle discovered this the hard way). Also works great for frosting cupcakes and filling nail-holes with wood putty. :)


2. Method Cleaning Supplies
They smell wonderful, are all-natural and non-toxic, and come in pretty packaging. What more could you ask for?


3. Lasko Designer Oscillating Space HeaterSeven temperature settings, a timer, portability, and decorative to boot.


4. Skookie Chocolate Chip Cookie SkilletMy absolute most favorite restaurant dessert: a warm and gooey deep-dish chocolate chip cookie a la mode. And now I can make it at home!


5. Good Home Co. Laundry Detergent and Sheet Spray Who wouldn't love scents like "Paris Rain," "Italian Citrus," "Beach Days" and "Pure Grass?" Comes in vacuum beads, too (frivolous, I know, but oh so fantastic).



6. Ruled Post-it Notes The ideal sticky note for anyone as OCD as me.


7. Ikea Cheese Graters

Grate it right into the container! Brilliant!


8. Back-to-Basics Coco-Latte

Mixes and heats hot chocolate to the perfect temperature, then dispenses with the option of added "froth."



9. Scentsy Air Freshener No open flame, and less likely to cause burns or ruin your carpet with spilled hot wax than an open candle warmer. Not to mention there are dozens of delicious scents to choose from.


10. Wire Cube Shelving System

A great way to maximize your closet space, in any configuration you want.


I'm curious to know what all of you would include on your Favorite Things list- anything you've found that makes life just a little better?

6 comments:

Jasmine said...

I love the cookie dessert, too! Joel and I do a rip-off of BJ's Pizzookie -- a package of frozen cookie dough mushed into a pie dish and baked until ever-so-slightly done then served a-la-mode. We eat it family style and serve it at most of our parties/game nights.

To this list I would probably add stuff like Melaleuca Pre-Spot stain remover (it will take out ANYTHING), the Chopper (Pampered chef makes one--the thing that you hit and it chops stuff up for you...probably being too vague, but that's the best I can do, sorry), and this really cute baby book my grandma gave Alexis--it has a puppy-head finger puppet in the middle, and she goes crazy over it. It's a great distraction during church. :)

I'm sure I could come up with a long list like yours if I thought about it....hmmm....maybe I'll just do that. :) Thanks for the idea!

Doug said...

Are you being compensated for your endorsements? If you not you should check into it.

ANeibaur said...

I am suddenly envious of everything you listed. LOL
Time for a shopping trip!
Im gonna have to think about this one... Maybe I will make a post to when I have thought it through. :D
Nice post!

Tim, Katie, and Chase said...

That is a great post! I might have to copy you on that someday. So fun to read! We LOVE skookie too. Have you had the cookie a la mode at Brick Oven?? Mmm that's the best one I've found. Also I think I'm going to have to make a trip to IKEA this week to look for one of those cheese graters... BRILLIANT!

(Also I'm jealous because I'm imagining your whole house smelling wonderful after you vacuum... after I vacuum, our house just smells like BURNING. I think we need a new vacuum :) )

Anonymous said...

Pampered Chef Avocado Peeler: Sounds like it's even more diverse than a Pampered Chef nylon scrapper. Thanks for the tip!

Wire cube shelving sytem: I've used these for years. My favorite are the ones that come in bold colors (red, yellow, green, and blue). My bedroom last year had whole walls of shelving to store anything from music to craft projects to decorative figurines and lamps to stuffed animals to jigsaw puzzles to books to alarm clock and reading lamp then back again. Each shelf can only hold up to 20 pounds, but that's quite a lot, even with books!

And I live by post-it notes and small notepads.

What I would add: My purse. That thing is never a closed door away.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

You know me! I love Method, too! Did you already get a candle thing? It's still on my list since I never got you your Christmas present.

*blushes*

Let me know!