My family really knows how to spoil me and make me feel like a princess on special days. Micah fixed the meals, washed the dishes and changed the diapers, and I took a nap. A nap!
At church today, Maddi got up with all the kids to sing to the mothers. She stood in the very front and waved at me the whole time. She's my favorite three year old in the world.
Maddi helped me make cookies and after dinner we took plates of them to some ladies from church to wish them a happy Mother's Day. We rolled down all the car windows and Madison yelled out "Happy Mother's Day!" to anyone she could see on the street (dogs included). I think we have a new tradition.
Besides being entirely spoiled all day long, what I loved about today was having some time to think about being a mom. And feeling so lucky that my full-time job is puzzles and play-doh and dress-ups and grilled cheese sandwiches. Yes, at times it's whining and tantrums and diapers and doctors appointments, but it's worth it. I'd take a whole lot worse than that to get the smiles and cuddles from Graysen and the "I love yous" from Maddi. I can't imagine any other job making me as happy as this one.
"One young mother wrote to me recently...'Through the thick and the thin of this, and through the occasional tears of it all, I know deep down inside I am doing God’s work. I know that in my motherhood I am in an eternal partnership with Him...'
There is nothing more important in this world than participating so directly in the work and glory of God,
There is nothing more important in this world than participating so directly in the work and glory of God,
in bringing to pass the mortality
and earthly life of His daughters and sons."
1 comment:
What a beautiful post. I couldn't agree more. Motherhood is so wonderful. Happy Mother's Day to you, Katy :)
Post a Comment