Thursday, May 24, 2012

funny stuff, by maddi.

Madison: Mom, I have energies.
Me: Do you want to go play outside?
Madison: No. My energies make me tired and sneezy.
Me: Oh, you mean allergies.
Madison: Yup, ellergies.
Madison (in a panic): What's going on?!?! There's something all over my arm!!
Me: That's your arm hair, Maddi.

(when told she wasn't allowed to eat a donut in the car): But I want to hold it.  I need it. Because I love it.
(patting a canister of nesquik): This chocolate milk is bloo-tiful.

Me (cleaning up after dinner): Maddi, take care of your dishes, please.
Madison (cradling and shushing her plate): Aww, it's ok. I got you. Shhh.
Some vocabulary:
"freehead" (n)- area of the face between the eyebrows and hairline.
"barm" (n)- A large farm building used for storing grain, hay, or straw, or for housing livestock.
"funder" (n)- A loud rumbling or crashing noise heard after lightning
"glubs" (n)- A covering for the hand worn for protection against cold or dirt
"beltseat" (n)- safety restraint in a car, shopping cart, or airplane

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Maddi is such a cutie! Thanks for sharing. I love the arm hair story the best!

Meg said...

Haha a girl after my own heart- lover of donuts and Nesquik!!! I love how she "takes care" of her dishes :)

Jasmine said...

Hilarious! I love that she says "beltseat", because Alexis used to say "seatbuckle". I didn't think "seatbelt" was such a difficult word to get down, but apparently it can be rather confusing.

And Alexis also cuddles and kisses the most random of objects and is ALWAYS exclaiming "Oh look! It's [such and such]. I LOVE it!"

Kids are the best. :)

Karen said...

This post cracked me up! What a girl!