make mudpies.
Today was a very soggy, rainy day.
We had a fun outing planned with a friend. We arrived in the (unpaved) parking lot of the little boutique we'd planned to visit, and I stepped out of my car ankle deep in slop. I sloshed back to get Maddi out of her carseat, to find she had sneaked a sucker from her Halloween bucket and had spent the drive getting very sticky, and very very purple. I was standing in the rain scrubbing blue raspberry from everything within Maddi's reach, when Graysen threw up all over the place and completely drenched his clothes and carseat.
Then I decided to get back in the car and just drive home (barefoot, because my shoes were so muddy). Then my friend's car died.
Lesson learned: rainy days are for staying home and watching movies in your pajamas.
Nothing like a little mud to brighten a drizzly day!
6 comments:
"Lesson learned: rainy days are for staying home and watching movies in your pajamas." Sounds like an excellent idea.
Although I give Madison full credit for coming up with mud soup, something I would never have thought of doing.
Hope after all the playtime in the wet and muck you got to enjoy a long, hot, relaxing bath!
What fun pictures! I need to take lessons from you. I can't seem to ever take pictures that good.
If all those things happened to me, I think I'd be in tears. We just stayed inside on those rainy days. Maybe I should have let my kids play in the mud too...
I love that you decided to play in the rain and mud. AND you took pictures to document it. You are such an awesome mom! And Maddi is so beautiful, even with mud on her face. :)
Awww! What a fun story (although I doubt it was fun at the time...)
The wonders of being a mother and knowing that you, seriously, can do anything and stills mile. :)
Ok, usually I think Maddi looks like Micah, but that second picture from the top- she looks exactly like you! Also, I support the making of mudpies :)
I wish this blog would come back to life!
Post a Comment